Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

AD apartment / villa wanted, 140k-ish

AD apartment / villa wanted, 140k-ish

Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default AD apartment / villa wanted, 140k-ish

Preferably with 3 en-suite bedrooms, or 2 en-suites plus 2 standard. Not too concerned about area (except must be on the island), unless I have to fight for a Mawaqif spot.

Anybody know of anything?

(Yeah, I know budget is tight for 3/4 beds, but I'm hoping to find a desperate landlord.)

Thanks in anticipation

ps And yes, I am in contact with various agents and I do search the web, but word-of-mouth information is often the best.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all
Default Re: AD apartment / villa wanted, 140k-ish

Not sure about an on Island Villa, but I do know of one that is potentially still up for grabs down at Mina Road, so if you were driving from the port there are some older villas on your right hand side just before the ADNOC, before the corner that the Porsche Garage is on, they were looking for 150k before Xmas for that, not sure if it's still there though, friends of mine had a look but it was quite nice apparently.

I just moved and the 2 best places I looked at were, hanging gardens, it's behind Marks and Sparks on Airport Road (you can just visit direct), the 3 bed there was huuuge, but 160k I think, also the Danat buildings (Kidmah properties) beside the holiday Inn at 31st Street was really nice and spacious, they have a few different layouts of 3 bed as well, both of these apts had 1 parking included, I ended up in Capital plaza though s it was nearer to the pub
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Oh forgot about this one, the UBL building (Blue Bank) on the corner of 3 and 6, has a really good size 3 bed, it's a bit older but a good size and seemed to have a vast amount of bathrooms, again around the 160 but that was before xmas
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:51 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
<snip>

I ended up in Capital plaza though as it was nearer to the pub
I do like the fact that you selected your accommodation based on proximity to the pub
Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
I do like the fact that you selected your accommodation based on proximity to the pub
We were being practical, there were cheaper apartments, but this place is top notch and we save on Taxi fares, which makes up for the extra rent