Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Actual Eid timings and holidays

Actual Eid timings and holidays

Old Oct 30th 2005, 4:31 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Actual Eid timings and holidays

From Gulf News:

Public sector holiday from Nov 2 to 6

Abu Dhabi: The public sector will remain closed for Eid Al Fitr from November 2 to 6, according to a circular.

And

Two-day holiday for private sector

Dubai:
Private companies and establishments will remain closed on the first and second day of Shawwal for Eid Al Fitr, said the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.

So - If I read this right - Private companies will have Weds and Thurs as holiday only and back to work as usual after Friday. Correct?

I kept hearing people talking about 4 days holiday - not two.... Oh - confused as usual!

Anyone care to clarify this for me?

Oh - also - this will mean Tuesday night is dry correct?

Thankie....
Old Oct 30th 2005, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Actual Eid timings and holidays

Hi there,
as you said it is FOUR days for Government and TWO days only for Private Companies, institutions and BANKS too. so let us hope that i will be Weds and Thursday orthwise if EID comes in Thirsday, this means that we will enjoy the Friday as Second day of our holiday...

fingers crossed ..

Good luck

yours

Riadh
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:47 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I now hear rumour that Tues 1st will be announced as the Ascension of Sheikh Khalifa... With Eid to start (convieniently) on Weds....
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I now hear rumour that Tues 1st will be announced as the Ascension of Sheikh Khalifa... With Eid to start (convieniently) on Weds....
We will wait for CasaNova to corroborate that....
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

We have Wed/Thu and then a Fri/Sat weekend. Don't know if this is the same accross Dubai or not but looking forward to it!!!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NooNoo
We have Wed/Thu and then a Fri/Sat weekend. Don't know if this is the same accross Dubai or not but looking forward to it!!!
Enjoy your breaks everyone....And remember....Im not as lucky as you lot this year......
Old Oct 30th 2005, 11:41 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

From Gulf News:

Abu Dhabi: The public sector will remain closed for Eid Al Fitr from November 2 to 6, according to a circular.

And

Dubai:
Private companies and establishments will remain closed on the first and second day of Shawwal for Eid Al Fitr, said the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.

So - If I read this right - Private companies will have Weds and Thurs as holiday only and back to work as usual after Friday. Correct?
Correct.

I kept hearing people talking about 4 days holiday - not two.... Oh - confused as usual!

Thankie....
You have mixed between Eid Al Edha & Eid Al Fitr!

The day before Eid Al Adha which is the day of Hajj and so that mean the night before Eid is dry.

Eid Al Adha is three day off's, 1 being for Hajj.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:21 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Correct.

You have mixed between Eid Al Edha & Eid Al Fitr!

The day before Eid Al Adha which is the day of Hajj and so that mean the night before Eid is dry.

Eid Al Adha is three day off's, 1 being for Hajj.

OK explain more clearly - I am going out wed night - can I have a glass of wine or not
Old Oct 30th 2005, 2:42 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
OK explain more clearly - I am going out wed night - can I have a glass of wine or not

where are u going to? I didn;t play hide and seek for a long time
Old Oct 30th 2005, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

i think we can drink on wednesday night, but not tuesday!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 3:46 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
where are u going to? I didn;t play hide and seek for a long time
Now that would be telling
Old Oct 30th 2005, 3:57 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Well i am going to have several for you
Old Oct 30th 2005, 4:05 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Well i am going to have several for you
Just sent you a PM
Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:29 pm
Banned

Now that would be telling

so i am also not telling! ask your girls
Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:10 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

From Gulf News:

And

Dubai:

Thankie....
We have just been advised that Wed / Thu is holiday Fri / Sat is our weekend and we also have Sunday as holiday. 5 glorious days off!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.