Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accomodation in Abu Dhabi

Accomodation in Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Willie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really niceWillie Peden is just really nice
Default Accomodation in Abu Dhabi

I am looking for prices and locations of properties in Abu Dhabi for rental purpose, any web-sites for property agents would be most appreciated.
Would be looking for 2/3 bedroom apartment and small villa prices.
Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:09 am
mdi
Just Joined

mdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Accomodation in Abu Dhabi

Hey Willie,

Visit this website, itz Khalifa Commitee's...

good luck 4 ur searches (unless u already found one)

cheers,
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of
Default Re: Accomodation in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Willie Peden
I am looking for prices and locations of properties in Abu Dhabi for rental purpose, any web-sites for property agents would be most appreciated.
Would be looking for 2/3 bedroom apartment and small villa prices.
Thanks
Willie,

I went through this last year and some of my colleagues here recently, my advice is :-

Khalifa Committee - I understand that this is now run as a lottery draw as the demand is so high. You turn up, put your request in the hat and wait to see if you are the lucky winner. I read about this in Gulf News - anybody heard anything else?

Leasing Agents - They are generally all scum without exception but you need them, expect to pay 5% of the first years rent. Hayatt, Al Diyar and Asteco are okay. Do not pay any "viewing fees" of around 100Dhs and get stroppy with the agent if they insisit.

Gulf News - Lots of adverts, generally for property that doesn't exist. Best bet is to go down the list of adverts and see what is actually available. Lots of leg work required.

Prices generally running around 70-80k AED for one bed flat, 100-180k for three bed flat and 140k plus for villas. There are exceptions to this and its all a matter of right place, right time. With the new rent cap in place, I think landlords are trying to maximise return with new lets, so price are bound to go up.