Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi - Vehicle Inspection Test - 2 questions please

Abu Dhabi - Vehicle Inspection Test - 2 questions please

Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:30 am
Just Joined

FalconBirder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi - Vehicle Inspection Test - 2 questions please

Greetings,

I purchased a secondhand 2008 vehicle last March and it passed the ADNOC Vehicle Inspection Test before it was transferred into my ownership. It is now due to be Re-Registered. So far so good.

My understanding was that all cars over 3 years needed an ANNUAL Vehicle Inspection Test. However, I couldn't find anything on the AD Government website so 'phoned them. They told me that Vehicles only need to be tested every 3 years!

So my two questions are:

1. Does a 2008 vehicle need to be tested EVERY YEAR now that it's 5 years old or EVERY THREE YEARS please?

2. If, as I suspect, the former is the answer, does anyone know what time the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Centre on 27th Street opens in the morning please?

Best regards to all.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Abu Dhabi - Vehicle Inspection Test - 2 questions please

Stop Press for Question 2.

After surfing the 'net for ages this afternoon, I've just discovered that ADNOC Test Centres open at 0730 hours - 2100 hours from Saturday to Wednesday.

I still need to know whether or not my Vehicle needs to be tested though please.

Abu Dhabi Government Helpline said definitely not - vehicles are only required to be tested every 3 years.

Unfortunately, my Vehicle Test Certificate is written in <snip> so I can't understand what it says!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sue; Mar 18th 2013 at 8:02 am. Reason: At request of OP
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Every year after the car is 3yrs old! It will show you the date it expires on your registration card.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I know the date of Re-Registration and the fact that you need to Re-Register the Vehicle every year.

However, I'm asking about whether or not I need to go through an ADNOC Test every year - Abu Dhabi Government Helpline told me not.

Any other advice please?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Tested each year (* see post below). It's easy.

Get there at at 7-7.15 am park up in one of the lanes. There should be about two or three cars there at that time.

Walk in. Veer right into large room and then on your left is the cashier.

Ask for a test and handover 120 Dh (correct change) - you show your registration card. Take the receipt, back into your car and pull forward to the first station. The tester will take it from there.

Walk back into where you paid. Walk through - you'll be able to view the tests from inside. Follow the car down. Out of the back door at the far end.

Take the car when test finished and park up. back into the test centre throuhg the back door. The desk immediately on your right will issue the certificate. Takes a few minutes. Pass or Fail.

Then to re-register you need to walk to the new room. Head towards the door you first came in and go right instead of out of the door. Get a ticket. You'll be served by a young lady who will take 100Dh for renew and 5Dh for a sticker (and maybe some fines). She will give you the new card. Stick your new sticker onto your back plate. Robert's your mother's brother.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

new cars may be exempt for three years if that's what you are asking
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need to get it tested (not just re-registered) every year after the first 3 years.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Brilliant Saudiflares,

Many thanks for the detailed response - very much appreciated.

I've wasted a lot of time today trying to get some decent advice, including surfing the 'net, calling the AD Helping and 'phoning 3 separate Test Centres - one didn't answer and the other two couldn't speak English or Arabic!

Thanks again.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Dear jam25mack,

Thanks for the clarification - much appreciated.

Best regards and have a great evening.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FalconBirder
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I know the date of Re-Registration and the fact that you need to Re-Register the Vehicle every year.

However, I'm asking about whether or not I need to go through an ADNOC Test every year - Abu Dhabi Government Helpline told me not.

Any other advice please?
yes every year once its aged 3 and over.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

no worries

7.00 to 7.15

at 7.30 you've missed the boat

my first time was during Ramadam and the place was rammed so I aborted
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
no worries

7.00 to 7.15

at 7.30 you've missed the boat

my first time was during Ramadam and the place was rammed so I aborted
yep get their early.....

but when you have the piece of paper to give to the guy doing the test it will tell you which lane to go in, there are 5 at muroor, in the past lane no 5 is for 4x4 vehicles only.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks busybee2,

Crikey, you've got a lot of red stars below your name!

I guess you've helped a lot of others in the past.

Thanks and best wishes!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by FalconBirder
Thanks busybee2,

Crikey, you've got a lot of red stars below your name!

I guess you've helped a lot of others in the past.

Thanks and best wishes!
you can also get it done at muroor, or mussafah or samha.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if you have axa or rsa insurance, they will do it for you free too, if you are a special customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.