Abu Dhabi Update

Old May 25th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of
Default Abu Dhabi Update

Oh boy

Just returned from AD - went down to de-register our cars at the Police Licensing Dept between 22nd and 25th street. The entire thing took 960 Dhs (for 2 cars) and 20 minutes from start to finish. Cool and efficient.

BUT going there, the traffic jam started from Al Raha Beach - solid, no-moving traffic and carried on down airport road (the Carrefours/Al Futtaim one) to where we turned off on 25th Street.

Then we wanted to go to my favourite Lebanese Restaurant for lunch, so we took 9th street which was solid jam-packed traffic trying to get to Salam Street which was CLOSED !! Took us an hour to turn right to get out of the mess which is when I decided my hunger can wait - let's eat at Ibn Battuta. Had to cancel meeting two friends because of this but my question is:

WHAT HAPPENED TO ABU DHABI - the nice AD I lived in last year?? I have threatened my dude with death if he EVER suggests we go to AD ever again. 4 hours to go for one errand ffs !! Imagine if he was still driving to work there
Old May 25th 2009, 11:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Update

Atilla is there all week, there is an exhibition on, he is coming back each night though, poor sod
Old May 25th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Atilla is there all week, there is an exhibition on, he is coming back each night though, poor sod
I feel sorry for anyone having to travel from AD to Dubai twice a day; the poor sods are in that car for hours. I think if mr smooch was still working there, I'd move to Bahia or something closer; I was watching grow older by the day when he drove to and fro for 5 months - the stress nearly killed him And of course he was working right on the corniche too not like his original job when we first came - he was at the airport then so it wasn't too bad !!

But anything on the island now is a nightmare; with Salam Street closed for the new tunnel - knowing AD it will take at least a year to do it, it's going to be a nightmare all through the months
Old May 25th 2009, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

its a gastech thingy on they have buses that even come off island but there just seems to be loads of accidents happening, there was one major accident at the kca junction, my hubs got stuck in it yesterday and then i went out half an hour after he got home and went past it still jammed packed and this was the accident side and the rubber neckers the other side. but if you listen to the radio there seems to be in the last couple of days accidents all over the place approaching the island, so it must be all these folks from doobye
Old May 25th 2009, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

But anything on the island now is a nightmare; with Salam Street closed for the new tunnel - knowing AD it will take at least a year to do it, it's going to be a nightmare all through the months [/QUOTE]

and the rest, 2 years but apparently we are being told they are "on schedule"!
Old May 25th 2009, 12:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
its a gastech thingy on they have buses that even come off island but there just seems to be loads of accidents happening, there was one major accident at the kca junction, my hubs got stuck in it yesterday and then i went out half an hour after he got home and went past it still jammed packed and this was the accident side and the rubber neckers the other side. but if you listen to the radio there seems to be in the last couple of days accidents all over the place approaching the island, so it must be all these folks from doobye
god knows what time my DH will get home then, bad week for all this stress with us moving at the weekend.
Old May 25th 2009, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well as long as you travel outside the exhibition timings, but you should see the peeps trying to get into the zayed military hosp car park because its right next door to the ADNEC and the last i heard they were charging for parking in the nice big new multi storey car park but when we went in it it was so badly designed, surprise surprise, and depending on which hall its in you would need a car to get to it.
Old May 25th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

well as long as you travel outside the exhibition timings, but you should see the peeps trying to get into the zayed military hosp car park because its right next door to the ADNEC and the last i heard they were charging for parking in the nice big new multi storey car park but when we went in it it was so badly designed, surprise surprise, and depending on which hall its in you would need a car to get to it.
Sounds wonderful and I am supposed to be going to the Exhibition tomorrow!
A few years ago I vowed never to go to it again as useless. Should have stuck to that decision me thinks!
Old May 25th 2009, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Sounds wonderful and I am supposed to be going to the Exhibition tomorrow!
A few years ago I vowed never to go to it again as useless. Should have stuck to that decision me thinks!
Exhibition was quiet today, you should have gone today
Old May 25th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

What exhibition is it anyway that would block an entire road from Al Raha down all the way past Carrefours etc etc There was NO accident that we could see - all there was were bloody cars - thousands and thousands of the mudda****ers!!!!

Oh well I slept all afternoon so that was some stress I came back with seeing as how I don't even sleep at night usually let alone in the afternoon

You can keep AD as of now - the cars were the last link to our 2 1/2 years there! Maybe people who are losing their jobs here, are going there?? The projects all seem to be working and it just seemed altogether a lot "busier" than when we lived there.

BB2 - am I right?
Old May 25th 2009, 3:25 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Oh boy

Just returned from AD - went down to de-register our cars at the Police Licensing Dept between 22nd and 25th street. The entire thing took 960 Dhs (for 2 cars) and 20 minutes from start to finish. Cool and efficient.

BUT going there, the traffic jam started from Al Raha Beach - solid, no-moving traffic and carried on down airport road (the Carrefours/Al Futtaim one) to where we turned off on 25th Street.

Then we wanted to go to my favourite Lebanese Restaurant for lunch, so we took 9th street which was solid jam-packed traffic trying to get to Salam Street which was CLOSED !! Took us an hour to turn right to get out of the mess which is when I decided my hunger can wait - let's eat at Ibn Battuta. Had to cancel meeting two friends because of this but my question is:

WHAT HAPPENED TO ABU DHABI - the nice AD I lived in last year?? I have threatened my dude with death if he EVER suggests we go to AD ever again. 4 hours to go for one errand ffs !! Imagine if he was still driving to work there
That's precisely why if I am in Dubai and won't be back till late I often just stay there overnight and come back to Abu Dhabi the next day to save my sanity.

N.
Old May 25th 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What exhibition is it anyway that would block an entire road from Al Raha down all the way past Carrefours etc etc There was NO accident that we could see - all there was were bloody cars - thousands and thousands of the mudda****ers!!!!

Oh well I slept all afternoon so that was some stress I came back with seeing as how I don't even sleep at night usually let alone in the afternoon

You can keep AD as of now - the cars were the last link to our 2 1/2 years there! Maybe people who are losing their jobs here, are going there?? The projects all seem to be working and it just seemed altogether a lot "busier" than when we lived there.

BB2 - am I right?
yeh but its only busier the last couple of days, now why is that, because of this exhibition. never before have you heard that mussafah bridge accident, raha beach accident, kca accident, salam st yes accident so am thinking it will all go away soon, i think from the signposts there are two exhibitions on at the same time, the dates overlapped so perhaps that why because they have extended ADNEC perhaps why its got busier. i doubt its anything to do with "availablity of work" here if you know what i mean
Old May 25th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That's precisely why if I am in Dubai and won't be back till late I often just stay there overnight and come back to Abu Dhabi the next day to save my sanity.

N.
Yes exactly and so you should. But that's why we asked for a transfer when the lovely landlord wanted his house back in AD. I couldn't bear to see my poor dude having to go all that distance daily. He was waking up at 5:15 to get to the corniche by 8:00 and then arriving here at 8:30/9:00 in the evening - what sort of life is that

Definitely not worth it !!
Old May 25th 2009, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes exactly and so you should. But that's why we asked for a transfer when the lovely landlord wanted his house back in AD. I couldn't bear to see my poor dude having to go all that distance daily. He was waking up at 5:15 to get to the corniche by 8:00 and then arriving here at 8:30/9:00 in the evening - what sort of life is that

Definitely not worth it !!
unless he was being followed by me down mussafah road, on one of the days he "sneaked" off early with "permission" of course, but he didnt know that i was beside him
Old May 25th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

unless he was being followed by me down mussafah road, on one of the days he "sneaked" off early with "permission" of course, but he didnt know that i was beside him
Oh anything is possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.