Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Originally Posted by hawkhead
This is to people not already in AD though, right?
agreed
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tansy
its gone quiet in here............

she is probably having a dummy spit and doing time on her other forums where people are actually naive enough to listen.........

Not quite sure where all this venom has come from today, is it 4pm yet i.e. time for a drink??
You're right Tansy, but not all of us are naive enough to listen to her crap and put up with her bad attitude. She has a big cliquey following on other forums where she can do nothing wrong and anyone who says otherwise gets a roasting, that's why her bad attitude still exists. The good thing about this forum is that normally people don't put up with it. Sorry for hijacking this thread by the way, it's off my chest now
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherrypie1
You're right Tansy, but not all of us are naive enough to listen to her crap and put up with her bad attitude. She has a big cliquey following on other forums where she can do nothing wrong and anyone who says otherwise gets a roasting, that's why her bad attitude still exists. The good thing about this forum is that normally people don't put up with it. Sorry for hijacking this thread by the way, it's off my chest now

its time to move out the dead wood....
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
i did think that you may comment on that. right i am the one that usually tells my husband what is going on in the uae, not the other way around. and i am not going to name any names as you wouldnt believe me anyway (or probably heard of them), but i do know of some more job cuts coming soon from one particular company, but hey take it or leave it.
Is it the Company your husband works for that are cutting jobs - if so tell him that there are still Construction companies in UAE that are still actively recruiting .
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Regarding the 'Al Raha development cancelled' posts a while back (not by BB)

I mentioned this fleetingly to my wife, that the development was apparently to be cancelled. I also told her to take it with a pinch of salt as it came from the usual suspects on BE.

Anyhoo, she is out for dinner and drinks with a group of neighbours who she has never met before.

Forgetting my pinch of salt warning, she mentioned to a group of girls that apparently the Al Raha was to be cancelled.

3 of the ladies present's husbands work on these contracts. They were worried sick as they never knew anything about it. They phoned home and their husbands never knew anything about it.

Turns out its all bollox.

but it didnt half spoil their evening.

Please deal in facts not gossip from your 'contacts' or 'sources' who may have their own agenda for spreading such crap.

If you cant provide any facts (obviously not revealing your source) or proof, then please dont post as we are dealing with peoples livelyhood.

Its not the UK where you just sign on untill another job comes along. Here you lose a hell of a lot more, housing/education for kids etc etc

Please think a little.
There will always be rumours in AD and Duabi its a small place, the rumour that someone big had died turned out to be not true, but, i was thankful to read that post as my residency was in for renewal and I had booked and paid for a holiday, upon reading that post i got my lazy PRO off his backside to finish it just incase the rumour was true and I would be stuck with no passport.

So lets not discourage all rumours as they may well be true, but gossip no.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

There will always be rumours in AD and Duabi its a small place, the rumour that someone big had died turned out to be not true, but, i was thankful to read that post as my residency was in for renewal and I had booked and paid for a holiday, upon reading that post i got my lazy PRO off his backside to finish it just incase the rumour was true and I would be stuck with no passport.

So lets not discourage all rumours as they may well be true, but gossip no.
I agree there will always be rumours and let's face it, we all like a bit of juicy gossip, but what you have said here highlights one of the problems of rumours - you went out of your way to do something which turned out to be completely unnecessary.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I agree there will always be rumours and let's face it, we all like a bit of juicy gossip, but what you have said here highlights one of the problems of rumours - you went out of your way to do something which turned out to be completely unnecessary.

Hello Cyber Love

Of course we all like a bit of gossip, thats life chuck!

But what I was trying to say was, maybe not very well, was, that the rumour could have been true, no one posted it, I would let my darling PRO take his time, guys dead, immigration closed, my passport stuck in Immigration and no holidays and London Pride for little ol me
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

and no holidays and London Pride for little ol me
which would have been a tragedy!

I understand what you're saying but I do think the rumour mill gets a bit out of control sometimes. God knows where that one all started from and you giving your PRO a kick in the arse was hardly the biggest of inconveniences, but what if someone back in the UK with a job offer for AD was reading all the doom and gloom rumours and then decides not to take the job, or is racked with worry about whether s/he is making the right decision or not....and just because a certain someone enjoys typing melodramatic posts....
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

which would have been a tragedy!

I understand what you're saying but I do think the rumour mill gets a bit out of control sometimes. God knows where that one all started from and you giving your PRO a kick in the arse was hardly the biggest of inconveniences, but what if someone back in the UK with a job offer for AD was reading all the doom and gloom rumours and then decides not to take the job, or is racked with worry about whether s/he is making the right decision or not....and just because a certain someone enjoys typing melodramatic posts....
Disaster!

I understand what you are saying and of course the rumour mill can get completely out of control here, but just cos u read something doesn't mean you will or should believe it, food for thought thats all!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about AD and the Construction Industry at all. But when Atilla lost his job one of the first people I rang was a pal who I have had here for the last 15 years. He is a real rock in my life and the only man I really talk to about from Atilla when I need proper advice. He is with LOR and he told me that there are pay offs. All the guys had been brought in and told to expect termination of contracts at the end of January. That weren't a rumour, that were fact. I hope and pray none of you are affected in this recession, it is not a nice feeling at all.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Disaster!

I understand what you are saying and of course the rumour mill can get completely out of control here, but just cos u read something doesn't mean you will or should believe it, food for thought thats all!
but what is the point of posting it?

the odd rumour ok, but the continuous doom and gloom is more than passing on rumours, its a crusade to put people off from coming to 'her' Abu Dhabi..
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:26 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
That weren't a rumour, that were fact. I hope and pray none of you are affected in this recession, it is not a nice feeling at all.
well at last a post worthy of some credence. Based on info and fact from a horses mouth (so to speak)
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

but what is the point of posting it?

the odd rumour ok, but the continuous doom and gloom is more than passing on rumours, its a crusade to put people off from coming to 'her' Abu Dhabi..
Doom and Gloom? Not my thing , I don't pay much attention to it!

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Jan 8th 2009 at 7:49 am. Reason: sp
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well at last a post worthy of some credence. Based on info and fact from a horses mouth (so to speak)
Thank you Commander. It is 100% first hand knowledge from someone I trust very much not just rumour.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all

yes, but the point is, not everyone is getting the bullet at LOR!!!, like I says, there are a few but hopefully it will stop at the dead wood, we have been given no reason to believe that it will go further than that. Period. The project is going ahead so why sack everyone??? They are resizing which, in the current climate is expectated, but serious job losses, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!
Now if they said the joint venture was in trouble (which it definately isn't), well, thats a different story.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.