Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Rental Idea

as my 7 year old would say ' nerr nicki nerrr nerr'
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Yep and still no concrete information....come on BB2 you can't get away with this. Which firms are firing?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
you know what commander my source is not my husband, so there, its from other people that i talk to but you think what you like.
BB2, i dont really care to be honest, as soon as you start backing up your gossip with facts, the masses will listen..

Dont believe everything people tell you...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all

its gone quiet in here............

she is probably having a dummy spit and doing time on her other forums where people are actually naive enough to listen.........

Not quite sure where all this venom has come from today, is it 4pm yet i.e. time for a drink??
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

damn it, it will be gone 4pm somewhere in the world!!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i am doing kids homework etc so will come back to this at a later time.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
i am doing kids homework etc so will come back to this at a later time.

are you not a bit old to be doing kids homework?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i did think that you may comment on that. right i am the one that usually tells my husband what is going on in the uae, not the other way around. and i am not going to name any names as you wouldnt believe me anyway (or probably heard of them), but i do know of some more job cuts coming soon from one particular company, but hey take it or leave it.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:13 am
banned

So you I guess pick up snippets from your contacts at school, other forums, coffee mornings and the club. Snippets that may have been flippantly told by the origonator based on heresay. They know you will take the bait and post it on the 350 odd abu dhabi forums that you commit your life to.

What is the point in even mentioning this to people when you won't back it up with facts.

All it does is worry families who work in construction.

I think people respect your knowledge of all things abu dhabi. You have been a full time messeanger of gossip for over a decade, but this 'I heard' is a bit tiresome.

Your not the only person who hears things. My wife knows a lot of people from the british club and our neighbours, and I hear about the construction gossip also. But that's all it is-gossip; people fearing for their jobs. That's a common thing in this current climate.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

and i am not going to name any names as you wouldnt believe me anyway (or probably heard of them), but i do know of some more job cuts coming soon from one particular company
Hey, guess what I heard. There are loads of companies in Abu Dhabi that are actively recruiting at the moment with a fantastic salary and package, but I am not going to name any names as you wouldn't believe me anyway blah blah blah.....
So basically BB you could just make anything up as you went along and then refuse to give the hard facts. That is not on. You spout out the gossip but won't back it up. Why would we not have heard of these companies? Maybe we wouldn't believe you but maybe someone here could corroborate and then we'd have to. "Some more job cuts" - how many? "coming soon" - when? "one particular company" - who? You're posting generalities again and not "passing on information" which is what you claim you are doing.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

knowing of 'some' job cuts and 'seriously laying people off' are two completely different things; one results in a ripple of concern, the other a tidle wave of panic. I can vouch that there will be 'some' redundancies but not the mass culling that you would have us believe. You can be extemely helpful and I have no doubt that you do have 'some' contacts, but your negative posting style has repercussions. At the end of the day, unless you can back it up with fact don't bother - we are all sick and tired of rumour and heresay.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead where have you been, LOR have seriously been getting rid of people and there are others out there as well.
i know people in lor who have been given notice and they are leaving very shortly
there are people leaving ad, its just not advertised yet, companies have had to give 1 months notice so some have left for xmas and have not come back and some are coming to end of their 1 month notice period so they will be going very very shortly,
well there are quite a few companies out there, and they are all being affected in some way or other.
i do know a few people in lor that have been made redundant and also in other firms
i am not going to name any names as you wouldnt believe me anyway (or probably heard of them), but i do know of some more job cuts coming soon from one particular company, but hey take it or leave it.
All from BB on this post.....
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:59 am
banned

Regarding the 'Al Raha development cancelled' posts a while back (not by BB)

I mentioned this fleetingly to my wife, that the development was apparently to be cancelled. I also told her to take it with a pinch of salt as it came from the usual suspects on BE.

Anyhoo, she is out for dinner and drinks with a group of neighbours who she has never met before.

Forgetting my pinch of salt warning, she mentioned to a group of girls that apparently the Al Raha was to be cancelled.

3 of the ladies present's husbands work on these contracts. They were worried sick as they never knew anything about it. They phoned home and their husbands never knew anything about it.

Turns out its all bollox.

but it didnt half spoil their evening.

Please deal in facts not gossip from your 'contacts' or 'sources' who may have their own agenda for spreading such crap.

If you cant provide any facts (obviously not revealing your source) or proof, then please dont post as we are dealing with peoples livelyhood.

Its not the UK where you just sign on untill another job comes along. Here you lose a hell of a lot more, housing/education for kids etc etc

Please think a little.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all

I can confirm that one of the large consultants in AD has withdrawn offers to a number of people as they are concerned that further projects in their dubai office may be shelved and that things are going to be quiet in AD for a number of months. I presume that companies that are actively hiring are picking up people made redundant from dubai rather than recruiting from overseas?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

withdrawn offers
This is to people not already in AD though, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.