Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi and its Fcking stupid rent

Abu Dhabi and its Fcking stupid rent

Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi and its Fcking stupid rent

Originally Posted by commander
exactly, as per my comment!! jeez its hard work sometimes Grace..
I know its just so fcking painful sometimes, but annoying, if a newbie had no other choice but to rent there
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
not if its local GIFTED housing.....
FFS BB it can be rented, half of the land deeds do not even mention that the land is gifted even though it is.

Posters, just get a lawyer to look over the land deeds
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, for Sam and I, Where will be able to live when we eventually get to AD? Cheers all.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
So, for Sam and I, Where will be able to live when we eventually get to AD? Cheers all.
on your salary and allowances, Dubai
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

ok heres another one then for you to moan about .... technically you are not allowed to share.... ie have to be same family.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

on your salary and allowances, Dubai
if you read the thread you will see that they are not allowed to rent in dubai, some companies require its employees to live in the same emirate etc.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
FFS BB it can be rented, half of the land deeds do not even mention that the land is gifted even though it is.

Posters, just get a lawyer to look over the land deeds
ok you can say that i but i know for a fact that quite a few people have been evicted in various housing areas not just one even though they had it checked etc so it doesnt always work that way as we know
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
if you read the thread you will see that they are not allowed to rent in dubai, some companies require its employees to live in the same emirate etc.
Thanks for backing us up. Dubai was the first thought but obviously that's no longer an option.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for backing us up. Dubai was the first thought but obviously that's no longer an option.
take BB2's advice and you will never find a place...good luck and enjoy.

I live in Abu Dhabi and have people on legit rents working for me living in Bahia.

but hey ho...
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

my advice is to insist the hospital finds you accommodation even if its to share with fellow posters here and that way you may find something closer to work etc.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

take BB2's advice and you will never find a place...good luck and enjoy.

I live in Abu Dhabi and have people on legit rents working for me living in Bahia.

but hey ho...
I don't min too much where I live, so long as I can get to work early and easy to get to ammenties. Also needs to be within my 100k allowance. Sam, get's a bit more money.

Is Kahlefia worth a look or anywhere else on the edge of AD?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when al reef come on line that will be only up the road, but not exactly sure when that will happen, more towards the end of the year....... al reef is a mear 5 mins drive from "the fish hospital" past new shahama.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:47 am
banned

I don't min too much where I live, so long as I can get to work early and easy to get to ammenties. Also needs to be within my 100k allowance. Sam, get's a bit more money.

yup there are apartments there in KCA and KCB for that allowance. Again though check that they have the correct paperwork in order.

(the apartments are villa conversions)
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the other areas to look for legitate housing is khalifa city a or b or mohammed bin zayed city, they would be a 15 min drive away. a lot of the houses in these areas are villas which have been subdivided, but in order for this to happen legitially the ll needs to get the correct permits to change the use, a lot are done properly but a lot not, if water/elec is included then that is a warning to you that perhaps this is not done correctly, as its cheaper for electric in a nationals name, and also then its not obvious an expat is living there. so yes look there but check it out by asking the right questions, as i am sure that you wouldnt get a lawyer to check out the "gifted houses".
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yup there are apartments there in KCA and KCB for that allowance. Again though check that they have the correct paperwork in order.

(the apartments are villa conversions)
what you are actually agreeing with me this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.