Abu Dhabi Expart

Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Ar5enal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Expart

Hi,

I'm a single guy and looking a place to rent. I'm desperate to find some shared accommodation with some nice professional expats in Abu Dhabi.

I'm finding this all so difficult at the moment so if anyone has a room available or knows of anyone who does, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

Cheers,

phone: 050 355 1763
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Expart

Originally Posted by Ar5enal
Hi,

I'm a single guy and looking a place to rent. I'm desperate to find some shared accommodation with some nice professional expats in Abu Dhabi.

I'm finding this all so difficult at the moment so if anyone has a room available or knows of anyone who does, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

Cheers,

If you're a bloke,please delete the mobile number...If you're not,and,you're a woman, kindlly provide all your contact details...
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,

phone: DELETED
Confu is right, buddy. Never a good idea to give out your phone number on a web forum.....

Sorry that you're having a hard time finding accom - I live in AD, too, but aside from suggesting noticeboards in the supermarkets I can't help with the accomm.

If you fancy drowning your sorrows with other forum-members in AD, send us a PM and I'll give you a bell when we next arrange a night out...

Good Luck!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Magner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers,

Hi am also a single guy moving to Abu Dhabi on 1st of april 2008 for a yr + with work. hearing horror stories about finding accommodation. Have you had any luck. Any advice would be grateful.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Magner
Hi am also a single guy moving to Abu Dhabi on 1st of april 2008 for a yr + with work. hearing horror stories about finding accommodation. Have you had any luck. Any advice would be grateful.
I moved out by myself in Nov and had read about all the horror stories. It's not as bad as it seems. Make sure your company put you up in a hotel for at least a few weeks. This gives you time to look around and find places. I have some details of the woman who found me my place (will pm you once you have a few more posts). Another good place to look once you come is the notice boards in a lot of the shops (Spinneys is the best) expecially if you want to share somewhere.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chris79
I moved out by myself in Nov and had read about all the horror stories. It's not as bad as it seems. Make sure your company put you up in a hotel for at least a few weeks. This gives you time to look around and find places. I have some details of the woman who found me my place (will pm you once you have a few more posts). Another good place to look once you come is the notice boards in a lot of the shops (Spinneys is the best) expecially if you want to share somewhere.
Thanks for the swift reply.

yea my company have given me 2 weeks payed hotel accomodationto find myself a place. I have also sent messages to all social clubs , the HHH .ETC hoping to find a member that would be willing to rent a room or 1 bed flat to me.
Sorry mate the message I sent you was my first ever on forums . what does PM mean???
Sorry you are the first person I have made contact with who is in a simular position to myself. Afew questions if you dont mind.
I hear you have to join waiting ques to get into gym/ social clubs . is this true? Have you attempted to join , did you have problems?
How much will it cost to rent a 1 bed appartment?? How much to rent a room of somebody??
Thanks for your time.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you have to join waiting ques to get into gym/ social clubs . is this true? Have you attempted to join , did you have problems? I joined Abu Dhabi Health club within a few weeks of coming out here. They told me there was a waiting list and I'd be lucky to get in BUT within a week they'd called me back and I was in!
How much will it cost to rent a 1 bed appartment?? How much to rent a room of somebody?? It all depends on what area it is in, how big it is etc etc. I would suggest waiting till you come out here and look around then
Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

A PM is a Private Message. It is advisable to post personal details (phone numbers, email addresses etc) on here. You can only get PM's when you've done a number of posts (think it is 5?!)
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

I hear you have to join waiting ques to get into gym/ social clubs . is this true? Have you attempted to join , did you have problems? I joined Abu Dhabi Health club within a few weeks of coming out here. They told me there was a waiting list and I'd be lucky to get in BUT within a week they'd called me back and I was in!
How much will it cost to rent a 1 bed appartment?? How much to rent a room of somebody?? It all depends on what area it is in, how big it is etc etc. I would suggest waiting till you come out here and look around then
Thanks for your time.
A PM is a Private Message. It is advisable to post personal details (phone numbers, email addresses etc) on here. You can only get PM's when you've done a number of posts (think it is 5?!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info mate . much appreciated.. Ill get posting then be back when I have my forum wings. lol.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

The following link has a lot of private ads for appartment & flat sharing - no idea what the quality is like....

http://www.expatriates.com/classifie...singavailable/
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

calipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nice

Where to find Spinney's to look at the notice boards?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by calipso
Where to find Spinney's to look at the notice boards?
It's in the Khalidiyia part of town near Abu Dhabi Car Garage.
If you jump in a taxi they will take you straight there. After you've looked at the board you can nip inside and grab some food from upstairs in the cafe or get supplies for home
It is also one of the only places you can get proper bacon and pork sausages instead of crappy veal/beef bacon!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:54 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

It is also one of the only places you can get proper bacon and pork sausages instead of crappy veal/beef bacon!
...and alcohol.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
...and alcohol.
in spinneys? I've never seen it! Where is it - pray tell!

The only place I know is the place near National Hotels
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:00 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

in spinneys? I've never seen it! Where is it - pray tell!

The only place I know is the place near National Hotels
There is a secret door. I'll take you there and show you.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
There is a secret door. I'll take you there and show you.
Hmmmmmm, now theres an offer you don't get everyday!
A nice young lady offering to take you to the secret door
Will be gd to know for future purchases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.