Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

Old Sep 10th 2016, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

David80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

Currently talking to a recruiter about a job in Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank. Have an initial phone interview shortly. Anyone currently or previously worked for ADCB?

Interested in hearing your experiences on the job and thoughts about your packages.

Thanks.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

not sure about working for them....but as a banking service....one of the worse on the planet, and i have dealt with numerous banks during my career. I imagine working for them can't be any better.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 7:05 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

As a teller? About 15,000 AED a month. Be ready to room share with your 'Business Mgr' who hangs around outside EID offices hoping to catch some fresh meat...

Maybe an idea of your position would assist???
Old Apr 16th 2017, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

CuriousTraveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi David,
I am in a similar position to you now and wanted to ask, how was your experience?
Thanks.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
As a teller? About 15,000 AED a month. Be ready to room share with your 'Business Mgr' who hangs around outside EID offices hoping to catch some fresh meat...

Maybe an idea of your position would assist???
15k for a teller? I'd take the "1" off if i were you.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 10:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CuriousTraveller
Hi David,
I am in a similar position to you now and wanted to ask, how was your experience?
Thanks.
The OP only made the one post and hasn't been seen on the forum since then, so possibly a waste of time hoping for a reply from him. Opening a new thread is always better than posting on an old thread started by someone else.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 3:41 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
not sure about working for them....but as a banking service....one of the worse on the planet, and i have dealt with numerous banks during my career. I imagine working for them can't be any better.
Interesting post. For balance I have banked with ADCB for about 6 years now and found them better than the UK banks I used to deal with: Lloyds, HSBC and Natwest.

In the UAE before ADCB, I banked with Lloyds who were then taken over by HSBC, who were appalling which is why I switched.

Everyone's experience is different I guess.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

I’m with ADCB here too and have found them pretty good all in all. Perhaps it helped that I had low expectations.

The thing that really really bugs me with ADCB is how hard it is to make a payment/transfer. First you go online, login securely and set up the beneficiary. You get an SMS for the 2-factor authentication. So far so good. You’d expect that to be the end of it. But then nothing happens. You still can’t actually make the payment. Two days later (if you’re lucky) you get a phone call and repeat it all over the phone. By that time you have misplaced the details so end up logging on to the banking portal and reading them back what they can see on screen!! Such a pain. Once that is done the beneficiary is approved and you can then make a payment, which means another SMS after logging in.

What is the point? If the login is secure then surely that, and the SMS verification, is enough. My account manager actually told me it is for security so if I want it quicker just email him the details and he can do it all for me. Errr. Not very secure that.

Anyway, might seem a small thing, but I’m considering moving to another bank because of it. Apart from that I’ve found ADCB good.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
Interesting post. For balance I have banked with ADCB for about 6 years now and found them better than the UK banks I used to deal with: Lloyds, HSBC and Natwest.

In the UAE before ADCB, I banked with Lloyds who were then taken over by HSBC, who were appalling which is why I switched.

Everyone's experience is different I guess.
i am talking from a corporate level not retail - corporate level they were totally horrendous and hence why we changed banks.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 9:59 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
i am talking from a corporate level not retail - corporate level they were totally horrendous and hence why we changed banks.
Ah ok fair enough