British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/abu-dhabi-commercial-bank-job-interview-883150/)

David80 Sep 10th 2016 2:54 pm

Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

Currently talking to a recruiter about a job in Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank. Have an initial phone interview shortly. Anyone currently or previously worked for ADCB?

Interested in hearing your experiences on the job and thoughts about your packages.

Thanks.

mission Sep 12th 2016 4:22 am

Re: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Job Interview

not sure about working for them....but as a banking service....one of the worse on the planet, and i have dealt with numerous banks during my career. I imagine working for them can't be any better.

TGFKASE Sep 12th 2016 7:05 pm

As a teller? About 15,000 AED a month. Be ready to room share with your 'Business Mgr' who hangs around outside EID offices hoping to catch some fresh meat...

Maybe an idea of your position would assist???

CuriousTraveller Apr 16th 2017 7:14 pm

Hi David,
I am in a similar position to you now and wanted to ask, how was your experience?
Thanks.

IKnowNothing Apr 17th 2017 9:03 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 12050363)
As a teller? About 15,000 AED a month. Be ready to room share with your 'Business Mgr' who hangs around outside EID offices hoping to catch some fresh meat...

Maybe an idea of your position would assist???

15k for a teller? I'd take the "1" off if i were you.

mikelincs Apr 17th 2017 10:16 am

Originally Posted by CuriousTraveller (Post 12230327)
Hi David,
I am in a similar position to you now and wanted to ask, how was your experience?
Thanks.

The OP only made the one post and hasn't been seen on the forum since then, so possibly a waste of time hoping for a reply from him. Opening a new thread is always better than posting on an old thread started by someone else.

Dumbo Apr 18th 2017 3:41 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12049815)
not sure about working for them....but as a banking service....one of the worse on the planet, and i have dealt with numerous banks during my career. I imagine working for them can't be any better.

Interesting post. For balance I have banked with ADCB for about 6 years now and found them better than the UK banks I used to deal with: Lloyds, HSBC and Natwest.

In the UAE before ADCB, I banked with Lloyds who were then taken over by HSBC, who were appalling which is why I switched.

Everyone's experience is different I guess.

dominoman Apr 18th 2017 6:59 am

I’m with ADCB here too and have found them pretty good all in all. Perhaps it helped that I had low expectations.

The thing that really really bugs me with ADCB is how hard it is to make a payment/transfer. First you go online, login securely and set up the beneficiary. You get an SMS for the 2-factor authentication. So far so good. You’d expect that to be the end of it. But then nothing happens. You still can’t actually make the payment. Two days later (if you’re lucky) you get a phone call and repeat it all over the phone. By that time you have misplaced the details so end up logging on to the banking portal and reading them back what they can see on screen!! Such a pain. Once that is done the beneficiary is approved and you can then make a payment, which means another SMS after logging in.

What is the point? If the login is secure then surely that, and the SMS verification, is enough. My account manager actually told me it is for security so if I want it quicker just email him the details and he can do it all for me. Errr. Not very secure that.

Anyway, might seem a small thing, but I’m considering moving to another bank because of it. Apart from that I’ve found ADCB good.

mission Apr 18th 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 12231227)
Interesting post. For balance I have banked with ADCB for about 6 years now and found them better than the UK banks I used to deal with: Lloyds, HSBC and Natwest.

In the UAE before ADCB, I banked with Lloyds who were then taken over by HSBC, who were appalling which is why I switched.

Everyone's experience is different I guess.

i am talking from a corporate level not retail - corporate level they were totally horrendous and hence why we changed banks.

Dumbo Apr 18th 2017 9:59 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12231315)
i am talking from a corporate level not retail - corporate level they were totally horrendous and hence why we changed banks.

Ah ok fair enough