Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Cityscape

Abu Dhabi Cityscape

Old May 16th 2008, 6:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Cityscape

Agree Zuzu- most of it a done deal before exhibition even opens.

Anyone lay out on Saadiyat or Lulu island ?

Meow?
Old May 17th 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

as most people 'in the know' will have already bought before the exhibition started I couldnt understand the whole 'hipe' as the majority of people (well those parking outside the front in the VVVVIPS areas would have had the opportunity to buy 'earlier in the day' or they 'could buy in other non expat areas' so cant see the point. and there are always a few helicopters, the different this year and years to come is the car park is getting smaller and so the helipad because its a building site.
Old May 17th 2008, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
yes that was me, Sheikh jock bin smokie
Old May 17th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

I work in real estate - you all must have some inclination its fixed. Those that have 'wasta' get to buy off plan and then sell on the secondary market. Its the Yallah syndrome - flip flip and flip.
Yes, flip is the trick I am advised.

I did some research before cityscape and developers confirmed new developments would be released and prices would go up for cityscape. I spoke to a friend that went first day - he was in the middle of buying two apartments and whilst he was doing the "sums" just before signing, the sales guy had to interrupt him and tell him that another buyer had just bought the whole floor - so he lost them. he also reported prices even went up int he first 2 hours...
Old May 17th 2008, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes nice manners here!
Old May 17th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness it was written on the literature and website that children would not be admitted and you were expected to wear "business attire"- although there were some interesting definitions of that on display.

Doesn't property attract the strangest people?

(And before anybody mentions it, yes I do include myself in that!)
Old May 17th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
In fairness it was written on the literature and website that children would not be admitted and you were expected to wear "business attire"- although there were some interesting definitions of that on display.

Doesn't property attract the strangest people?

(And before anybody mentions it, yes I do include myself in that!)
Technically, retail sales are not allowed at Cityscape. It is supposed to be solely B2B (hence no kids), but the relaity is obviously somewhat different. Biggest property show of its kind in the world now, 6 new shows around the world this year. Crazy Stuff.
CH
Old May 17th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

children would not be admitted and you were expected to wear "business attire"- although there were some interesting definitions of
Children and a baby are slightly different....

Define business attire....really im interested...
Old May 18th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I define it as long trousers and a shirt/blouse with a collar. Apparently though miniskirts and boob tubes are also covered, along with Bermuda shorts and tee-shirts. Must be some interesting offices in Abu Dhabi.
Old May 20th 2008, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

fsazhar is an unknown quantity at this point

I have strategy for next cityscape, Use my ALDAR Employee pass to get into the stand and get that ticket!

There were plenty of blondes per sq foot than the properties.... especially on firday..... when there was nothing less than 3 Million left
Old May 20th 2008, 4:54 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

boob tubes
Bermuda shorts
Who on earth wears these things these days

By the way, does anybody know anyone (not a National) who has bought in Phase I on Saadiyat?
Old May 20th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

People at Cityscape wear them! Okay, I exaggerate slightly (it has been a while since I followed fashion that closely!), but only slightly.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

People at Cityscape wear them! Okay, I exaggerate slightly (it has been a while since I followed fashion that closely!), but only slightly.
no you dont exaggerate....