Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi or Al Ain? Help!

Abu Dhabi or Al Ain? Help!

Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

deelited is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi or Al Ain? Help!

I'm in the process of applying to work in UAE. I've applications from two nursing agencies, one to work in Abu Dhabi, but this would be a gen med post, but as a city Abu Dhabi appeals to me. The other is an Oncology Nurse post in Al Ain. I currently work in Oncology and love the field, but would prefer to live in Abu Dhabi. Anyone been to either place to give me any advice or tips?
What should I do? Speciality I love, or city I think I would prefer??!! Any info about either place would be really useful. Thanks!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

R@chel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,
I lived in Al Ain for about 8 years and my father worked in the medical school by Tawam (I'm assuming you would be at Tawam?). I loved Al Ain, it is beautiful and there was lots to do. I lived there from 12 years old til I was 18 and there was always something to keep me entertained. We also visited Abu Dhabi occasionally (and I lived in Dubai for a couple of years). At the time, I didn't think much of Abu Dhabi but it has changed alot now apparantly. If I were you, I'd go for the job you love in AL Ain.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:08 am
Balushi

Default Re: Abu Dhabi or Al Ain? Help!

Originally posted by deelited
I'm in the process of applying to work in UAE. I've applications from two nursing agencies, one to work in Abu Dhabi, but this would be a gen med post, but as a city Abu Dhabi appeals to me. The other is an Oncology Nurse post in Al Ain. I currently work in Oncology and love the field, but would prefer to live in Abu Dhabi. Anyone been to either place to give me any advice or tips?
What should I do? Speciality I love, or city I think I would prefer??!! Any info about either place would be really useful. Thanks!
Al Ain otherwise known as the City of Flowers! this is a very close knitted city and very calm and quite place. the best to go around would be the jebel Hafeet.

Abu Dhabi is a city like anyother but theres a lot to do comapred to Al Ain.

Al Ain is a Town.

Abu Dhabi is a city.

Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:34 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

Yep, Abu Dhabi is a city and Al Ain is a town. Al Ain has very little with regards to entertainment and going-out, so if that is important to you, definately go to Abu Dhabi.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

R@chel is an unknown quantity at this point

Well when I lived there (Al Ain) there was lots to do. As soon as you make friends you'll find that there is heaps going on from bbq's out in the desert, Car Parks at the Hilton (brilliant night with GREAT food!), organised events such as Christmas balls etc, pool parties, Hashes, theater nights....the list goes on. Just because there isn't an abundance of nightclubs doesn't mean that nothing goes on. Like everywhere, once you make friends you'll find out what goes on, where and when.