Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Accommodation

Abu Dhabi Accommodation

Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Abu Dhabi Accommodation

Afternoon folks.

After 5 weeks in a dry rotana, I've finally found suitable accommodation. Estate agent asked if the lease would be in the companies name or mine. Company is paying the rent, 5% sec + 5% commission, so I initially said the companies name. However can someone explain if there is actually a difference other than the name? Is there anything I might need here that would require a lease in my name?

It's possibly not an important issue at all, but I'm still learning how daft the documentation is here so figured better to ask the experts.

Brian
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Accommodation

Depends on your company and yourself. I put the house in my name and just got the money from the company. This meant when I got sacked last year I still managed to keep the house and just paid the company back.
I think it gives you more options if you put it in your name BUT as said before your company might not let you.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79
Depends on your company and yourself. I put the house in my name and just got the money from the company. This meant when I got sacked last year I still managed to keep the house and just paid the company back.
I think it gives you more options if you put it in your name BUT as said before your company might not let you.
personally I'd put it in the company name...

if they fire you, then you talk to them about keeping it... or you can just stuff them with a flat and walk away.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
personally I'd put it in the company name...

if they fire you, then you talk to them about keeping it... or you can just stuff them with a flat and walk away.
agree 100%.....never take anything in your own name here that may leave you liable.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
agree 100%.....never take anything in your own name here that may leave you liable.
What they said.

I have just had to dispose of several properties that were in our company name. Employees were able to just hand back keys and walk away when it all went pear shaped.