Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

60% drop in petrol price

60% drop in petrol price

Old May 23rd 2012, 5:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default 60% drop in petrol price

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/go...uced-1.1026645

"Abu Dhabi: A proposal to reduce petrol prices to match other Gulf countries was approved unanimously by the Federal National Council on Tuesday.

"The Federal National Council urges the Government to increase subsidies to petrol and fuel prices so that they match those in other Gulf countries," read the proposal submitted to the Cabinet.

The proposal, which agrees on selling petrol at a blanket price for citizens and foreigners, will not take effect until it is passed by the Cabinet.

An ad hoc committee of the House has demanded petrol prices be brought in line with other Gulf countries — a move that could make prices cheaper by up to 60 per cent. "

excellent
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 60% drop in petrol price

Shame. Other Gulf governments see the UAE as a model to aspire to, in terms of pricing.
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:04 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Curious they mention citizens and foreigners... don't be surprised if the final ruling is changed to citizens only....
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Curious they mention citizens and foreigners... don't be surprised if the final ruling is changed to citizens only....
there has been talk of these for a long while now, in the beginning it was just aimed at giving the reduction to the locals, but how would you police it (with an ID card perhaps) and so now there is talk for everyone. the price of petrol here is still cheaper than a lot of places, even with the recent price rises, but if it does come down then hopefully the cost of things may do too which would help etc
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
there has been talk of these for a long while now, in the beginning it was just aimed at giving the reduction to the locals, but how would you police it (with an ID card perhaps) and so now there is talk for everyone. the price of petrol here is still cheaper than a lot of places, even with the recent price rises, but if it does come down then hopefully the cost of things may do too which would help etc
i am not sure about AD, but the cost of petrol in Dubai is the highest within the ME region.
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

they can bloody well reduce the AD taxi rate as well. A 35 dh journey now costs 50 dh
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Quite recently commentators were suggesting that the price of petrol in the UAE should increases as it is a poor economic model for the government to be subsiding the cost. It is being sold for less that the production and distribution costs.

I wonder if this decrease will actually ever take place.
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:52 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

All gone now....

Last edited by Welivehere; May 23rd 2012 at 11:55 am. Reason: Read o/p link and was a duplicate of the reason for cuts
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

It's sold for considerably more than the production and distribution costs if you're ADNOC, but markedly less than your costs if you're ENOC or Emarat.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
i am not sure about AD, but the cost of petrol in Dubai is the highest within the ME region.
yeh i mean the uae is expensive compared to the rest of the middle east, i was meaning the price is cheaper than uk etc
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by saudiflares
they can bloody well reduce the AD taxi rate as well. A 35 dh journey now costs 50 dh
i know i know, but the thing is that most of the taxis now run on gas, which is much cheaper than petrol anyways..... so they should be putting the cost down not up ...
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
It's sold for considerably more than the production and distribution costs if you're ADNOC, but markedly less than your costs if you're ENOC or Emarat.
adnoc are fine its the others that have to pay over the odds.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:54 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
adnoc are fine its the others that have to pay over the odds.
Dear Busybee,

I would like to ravish you like a hungry lion in the Serengeti.

Love and regards
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Dear Busybee,

I would like to ravish you like a hungry lion in the Serengeti.

Love and regards
me first, me first etc etc
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
me first, me first etc etc
I think you should stick to cows:

60% drop in petrol price-img_0913.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.