Reload this Page >

50 most influential expatriates

50 most influential expatriates

Old May 26th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

NickLess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 50 most influential expatriates

Hi Guys,

An online media published a rank list of 50 most influential expatriates in the GCC. The report looks strange, coz many of the other people need to come on that list. Any how how you think about that list ?
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/expat...lr=2&sort=rank
Old May 26th 2009, 8:37 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 50 most influential expatriates

Originally Posted by NickLess
Hi Guys,

An online media published a rank list of 50 most influential expatriates in the GCC. The report looks strange, coz many of the other people need to come on that list. Any how how you think about that list ?
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/expat...lr=2&sort=rank
Yep, a collection of oddballs indeed. I wonder how many of these individuals would hold the same position in their own respective home countries?
Old May 26th 2009, 8:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i am No1 infuencial expatriate...
Old May 26th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
You can write to media. Next year we will see you on the list.
Old May 26th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

"50 influential expat
Posted by Mukri ishrat anjum, Doha, Qatar on 26 May 2009 at 00:56 UAE time

Thanks for providing the list of 50 most Influential Expat.
I wish very soon Indian will fairly influence this list in near future.
Best of Luck for all the personalities whose names are included in the list this year. Next year we will dominate. "

gotta love those indians.
EDIT: read the rest of their comments there you will laugh your arse off.

Last edited by AnotherWorld; May 26th 2009 at 10:19 am.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
did you open the link? mutual 'friend' on there I only recognise 4 of the names though.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
did you open the link? mutual 'friend' on there I only recognise 4 of the names though.
Some are very good businessmen, but some are complete tossers, and how they got on the list is a mystery.

However, such lists are very much open to question relating to the choices made to put certain peolple there?

You can say the same about the list of nationals on similar lists.

Noitice how certain higfh profile nationals are keeping very quiet these days??????????
Old May 26th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

um weird list. Have met 5 of them, only 1, was anywhere near nice, normal, unaffected human being, sad hey!
Old May 26th 2009, 11:41 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm..

My boss at No4 in the UAE....

I'll have to amend his report card..

Could do better....
Old May 26th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Hmmm..

Could do better....
That's Great !!!!
Old May 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Hmmm..

Could do better....
lol am so glad you didnt say number 1 on this list. I would have felt soooo sorry for you
Old May 26th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
lol am so glad you didnt say number 1 on this list. I would have felt soooo sorry for you
Hmm, that reminds me of something that should probably go on the 'favourite quotes' thread...

Employee of the Month (or how to be a winner and a loser at the same time).
Old May 26th 2009, 1:38 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
"50 influential expat
Posted by Mukri ishrat anjum, Doha, Qatar on 26 May 2009 at 00:56 UAE time

Thanks for providing the list of 50 most Influential Expat.
I wish very soon Indian will fairly influence this list in near future.
Best of Luck for all the personalities whose names are included in the list this year. Next year we will dominate. "

gotta love those indians.
EDIT: read the rest of their comments there you will laugh your arse off.
not as good as this guy

Basic stats folks
Posted by ADJ on 25 May 2009 at 18:27 UAE time

There are by numbers simply more Indians in the GCC region than any other nationality or race. Which is why you have more Indians eating out, more Indians driving cabs, more Indians involved in road accidents, more Indians investing in property and more Indians at the top end of the list! Thats it. Whats so confusing? Unless someone here identifies being Indian with working as a construction labourer....now that just would be stupid, wouldnt it?
Old May 27th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Should surely read "50 most influential business expatriates". Several sectors missing - medicine, government, sport, the arts, NGO's, IO (huge UN presence in Dubai...) Some of these sectors may not be very mature but there are still expats here who are a significant influence in their development - however "limited" that might appear. Isn't there a Western guy in Dubai who is running the UAE national orchestra (without any nationals I know).....
Old May 27th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by weescot
Should surely read "50 most influential business expatriates". Several sectors missing - medicine, government, sport, the arts, NGO's, IO (huge UN presence in Dubai...) Some of these sectors may not be very mature but there are still expats here who are a significant influence in their development - however "limited" that might appear. Isn't there a Western guy in Dubai who is running the UAE national orchestra (without any nationals I know).....
I agree (except for the UN. Not sure of the last time they influenced anything )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.