Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

4 days to evaluate Dubai; engaged woman needs immediate advice on what to experience

4 days to evaluate Dubai; engaged woman needs immediate advice on what to experience

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

atpcliff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4 days to evaluate Dubai; engaged woman needs immediate advice on what to experie

Hi!

Can I get Haagen-Daas ice cream in Dubai?
Asking because it's my favorite. I was laid off, and vowed not to buy any until I got a job. Didn't have any for 3 mos. Got a job, and was very excited to go to the grocery store, but, here in NBO, NO Haagen-Daas. Not even in the Nakumatt Karen!!!
So, it's been since Nov, I think...withdrawal symptoms!!!

And....chips.

In the US, if you are in a "British" pub and order chips, you get, well, what we would call chips.

IN Nairobi, "Chips" are french fries.

What are "Chips" in Britain???

Thanx!
cliff
NBO->DBX
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 days to evaluate Dubai; engaged woman needs immediate advice on what to experie

Originally Posted by atpcliff
Hi!

Asking because it's my favorite. I was laid off, and vowed not to buy any until I got a job. Didn't have any for 3 mos. Got a job, and was very excited to go to the grocery store, but, here in NBO, NO Haagen-Daas. Not even in the Nakumatt Karen!!!

And....chips.

In the US, if you are in a "British" pub and order chips, you get, well, what we would call chips.

Thanx!
cliff
NBO->DBX
chips are chips and yes they are available in Dubai, we have progressed somewhat in the last 50 years
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atpcliff
Hi!

And....chips.

Thanx!
cliff
NBO->DBX
When I lived in Nairobi, the locals also called crisps "chips". So what are you doing over there? Are you coming to Dubai to work or for a holiday? Missing the nyama choma badly.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

janethm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Dean, if you still looking for a lady, i might know someone who can fit with you. email me pls..
thanks

Originally Posted by The Dean
As a single man I am slightly annoyed that most of them are either married or in a serious relationship

I second BC's comment.......

Try Scarlett's in Emirates Towers on a Tuesday evening............ Emirates Trolley Dolly Night. The men who go there that night play a game called "Octopussy"............. 'octo' means 'eight'...... are you with me?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:26 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janethm
Hi, Dean, if you still looking for a lady, i might know someone who can fit with you. email me pls..
thanks

I have to say, it took me almost a nano-second to see through your excellently constructed subterfuge.....

c- - Must try harder....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:34 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I have to say, it took me almost a nano-second to see through your excellently constructed subterfuge.....

c- - Must try harder....
do you think she is selling something...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:39 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Naw....

Just a troll, probably male as well.....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Hi guys.. i am not selling anything... i just have a girlfriend who wants to meet a good man in Dubai.. and they match in the matter of age..
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:41 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Naw....

hmmmm...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Naw....

missing manners so .. typical.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:42 am
hmmmm...nice

Hi guys.. i am not selling anything... i just have a girlfriend who wants to meet a good man in Dubai.. and they match in the matter of age..
sadly The Dean isn't in Dubai...TGFKASE is though, and he's a good man...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

So, that profile name should read Jane the Mama-san????
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

missing manners so .. typical.
I have a complete set of manners, Ill have you know....

But I am far from typical....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:53 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

sadly The Dean isn't in Dubai...TGFKASE is though, and he's a good man...
You know that feeling of dread you get, like someone walking over your grave...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:05 am
hmmmm...nice

You know that feeling of dread you get, like someone walking over your grave...
no, not really...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.