Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

27 Days to a new life.

27 Days to a new life.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:08 am
Amc
Funky Muppet

Amc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura about
Default 27 Days to a new life.

Hi all, been a long time!

After many trips, emails, telephone calls the job is in the bag. 27 Days time I with my family will become yet another expat family in DXB, can't wait

On the advice tip, got to get my certs attested over here (UK) before I leave. Anyone know the process? The UAE embassy do not take telephone calls over here and have not got much time to waste in trying to work out where to start.

Any help much appreciated (K available)
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice
Default Re: 27 Days to a new life.

Originally Posted by Amc
Hi all, been a long time!

After many trips, emails, telephone calls the job is in the bag. 27 Days time I with my family will become yet another expat family in DXB, can't wait

On the advice tip, got to get my certs attested over here (UK) before I leave. Anyone know the process? The UAE embassy do not take telephone calls over here and have not got much time to waste in trying to work out where to start.

Any help much appreciated (K available)
The FAQ was excellent about this & helped me a lot. If you want to find out more regarding life in Dubai, I would recommend the Zappy Explorer and Dubai Explorer . The Zappy Explorer gives a step-by-step guide to getting various things done in Dubai (getting a drivers licence, family visas etc.) while the Dubai Explorer is a comprehensive city guide.

Here is the relevant extract from the FAQ:

Degree Certification
A solicitor must sign and stamp a copy of the degree to make an authentic copy.

This and the original are taken to the legalisation dep't of the Foreign and commonwealth office in the Old Admiralty building on the Mall (2 mins from trafalgar square) Its a ticket queuing system, very fast in the mornings and the actual legalisation of a document takes around 15 minutes and costs 12 pounds.

Heres a couple of links

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front...d=1007029391440

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front...d=1007029391467

You can do this by post:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front...d=1007029391458

You then take the original and copy to the UAE consulate (Not embassy - its a different building) This is opposite the Natural history museum, etcetera. It costs around �10 again and is done overnight or if you take a stamped addressed envelope they'll post it on.

48 Prince�s Gate, London SW7 2QA, UK
Tel: (020) 7589 3434.
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 0930-1300.