Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

20 Reasons not to move to Dubai...

20 Reasons not to move to Dubai...

Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough
Default 20 Reasons not to move to Dubai...

Afternoon all!,

I'm moving out to Dubai (hopefully!) around October time, and my boyfriend has just sent me this link...

http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/94/..._to_Dubai.html

I'd be curious to listen to peoples views who actually live in Dubai.

The one which really made me was asking your boss for approval for a telephone?!?! is that really true?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:27 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Reasons not to move to Dubai...

Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

That bad huh?... pleased to hear it...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayne29
the link...not Dubai
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:37 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I'd sooner gnaw my own foot off than move to Dubai
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:39 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by elfman
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:41 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
so you like it there then?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:43 pm
hmmmm...nice

so you like it there then?
yes I do...it's what you make of it, like anywhere else...a place itself is not going to make you happy or unhappy...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all!,

I'm moving out to Dubai (hopefully!) around October time, and my boyfriend has just sent me this link...

http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/94/..._to_Dubai.html

I'd be curious to listen to peoples views who actually live in Dubai.

The one which really made me was asking your boss for approval for a telephone?!?! is that really true?

Well...It is very similar to the country where the person who wrote the article is from; the US of A...

the link...not Dubai
Works fine withme...

Do it while you have the chance...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

I agree, and it seems like the person writing it didn't really do their research before moving... but i've never lived there so i'm not sure if any of it was true... exagerated etc...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Confucius
Well...It is very similar to the country where the person who wrote the article is from; the US of A...

Works fine withme...

Do it while you have the chance...

Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:49 pm
hmmmm...nice

I agree, and it seems like the person writing it didn't really do their research before moving... but i've never lived there so i'm not sure if any of it was true... exagerated etc...
it's sort of true...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

It is safer to ask things about a country to people who are living there currently, not someone who has heard or read things or has been here for a transit 48 hour trip...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:50 pm
A lion in your lap

a place itself is not going to make you happy or unhappy...
I disagree. I spent some time in Saudi and hated it. The thought of living there for the long term made me feel ill. The idea that your happiness is not influenced by where you live is daft. Maybe some people can be happy anywhere, but by no means everyone.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it's sort of true...
Granted, many things are true, yes...But whatever is true will hardly give any ordinary folk sleepless nights,will it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.