Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The [British] Club

The [British] Club

Old Feb 7th 2009, 4:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The [British] Club

best thing to do is get 3 references on your application form. We were offered the interim membership almost immediately.

As BB2 says (painfull as it is to agree) its totally hit or miss dependent on requirements.

And I was recently informed by an employee of the club for over 16 years that it has NEVER officially been called the British Club.

There you have it,

Btw Bambi, your welcome for the advice love.

Ill get the prices from my wife. There is different prices depending on what you sign up for.

The gym is extra
The sailing is extra
Etc
Old Feb 7th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
May I ask what the Fees are for a couple for both The British Club and Royal Marina? Thanks.
This taken from the Club's website - www.the-club.com

Membership Fees for 2009

Adult Membership
Annual Membership Fee Dhs 2,500.00

One-off Joining Fee (Non Refundable) Dhs 3,250.00

Junior Membership
Annual Fee Juniors aged 0-3 years old Dhs 300.00

One-off Joining Fee (Non Refundable) Dhs 250.00

Annual Fee Juniors aged 4-17 years old Dhs 800.00

One-off Joining Fee (Non Refundable) Dhs 1,000.00

There is also a rake of other fees for sailing, tennis etc etc.

Just to add, I've been a member of the club for around two years, for our situation, a family with two small children, its fab.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Is anybody here a member? I am thinking of joining as I have heard a lot of good things about it. I have heard it is cheap (c. Dh 5k/yr?), that the food is good and the alcohol subsidised and that there is a nice atmosphere.

I have also heard there is a 2 year waiting list...

Would really like to hear from anybody as to whether it is worth joining, and if you really do have to wait 2 years.

Thanks.
Remember Butlins the holiday camp - well it's sort of like that.

Me and my gang had membership there, but I hated it, full of leathery women who spent a lot of time bitching and tanning. And on a Friday so packed that you feel claustraphobic! However, if you really do want to hang out with everyone British and pretend that it's a little bit of home, you will no doubt enjoy it.

And if you're not keen on kids, then you'll need to avoid it as well.

But for the people who like it, they sing it's praises so you perhaps ought to go for a visit. One thing they do have is a library if that takes your fancy. It was the reason I joined initially.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
...And I was recently informed by an employee of the club for over 16 years that it has NEVER officially been called the British Club...
Etc
Crikey Commander! You've changed your tune.
Employee been there 16 years, hey! Kids today - they know nowt.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Nah its beside the Marina Mall. You won't find it on google or 181
You know those villas on the left of marina mall. It there. Pay them a visit Its worth it The only current members there are Adnoc Group. And the people who live in those villas.
Hey Tiger, what are the membership costs for it?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

What commander said.
Disagree with squirty.

And I was recently informed by an employee of the club for over 16 years that it has NEVER officially been called the British Club.
Last time we had this discussion I copied you all in on an email I got from The Club saying the same thing, and yet there were still disbelievers...gah.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:06 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate, orange or mint...........who cares really?
Sorry, flippant mode.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:22 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

There are a high number of leathery skinned british extwat women though. No more than any other 'club'

Its a really good place if you want to do more than simply lie on the beach.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:25 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

There are a high number of leathery skinned british extwat women though. No more than any other 'club'

Its a really good place if you want to do more than simply lie on the beach.

Yeh, like scale a pylon..........
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:30 pm
banned

Haha indeed
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

they should know better, just fake tan it...

MM, xx
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:43 pm
banned

Ahhhh fake tan queen...a welcome addition to the club luvvies
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Well said!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
ha ha ha ha ha
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously tho, after living here a long time and wanting to keep my lovely celtic skin, I stopped going to the beach around 2 years ago. I cant stand seeing that over tanned, dried up skin, awful.

Have 2 cousins with skin cancer, horrible..... Being tanned just aint worth it.

Some of the fake tans available now are not that orange nasty colour that used to be around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.