Pensacola?

Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

tinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Pensacola?

Anyone in or around Pensacola?

Moving next month hopefully. Would be nice to have some social evenings. Figure home sickness will bite early next year
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Amyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pensacola?

Hi there - Pensacola is beautiful, I have lived here for 6 years, there are a few Brits here...
Old May 25th 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

tinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the roughtinman0 is a jewel in the rough

Well I'm now here and at a total loss for friends lol. Think thats the biggest problem moving out - losing a social life. Oh well.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Amyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinman0
Well I'm now here and at a total loss for friends lol. Think thats the biggest problem moving out - losing a social life. Oh well.
Where abouts in pensacola do you live? I am in East Hill, work in Gulf Breeze, I have a couple of Uk friends, a lot from have moved as they are military...

I know what you mean about 'starting again, it was the hardest thing for me after leaving the UK.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

We're Warrington, about mile and a half from the end of the runway at NAS Pensacola.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

pickups85 will become famous soon enough

I'm a Scot, i live in Lexington KY but live and work in Mobile AL 22 days a month until May 2012, think its pretty close to Pensacola.

You're right about the social life thing... My wife is from here and she has plenty of friends i can hang round with and i'm pretty sociable and don't have trouble making friends but with working all over the country i hardly ever have the time and then i'm off to some other State. It's hard leaving friends behind, i left a lot of good ones. Homesickness comes and goes. You must have had a reason for moving, mine was my wife and son, just remember that reason and you'll be fine. Get out and meet people, the Southerners are pretty sociable, just don't get into politics... It's a whole different ball game over here haha