Houstonians?

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 4:09 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Houstonians?

Hey folks, I suppose this sort of qualifies as a get-together, lol...

As many of you may know (and thanks to those who contacted me with kind words), I was part of a major staff reduction at the company I've worked for for 12 years. My husband is moving us back home and we are planning to be gone around the end of April.

We're leaving behind most of our possessions; there are some really nice things we have worked hard to buy. But I thought that there are always expats in Houston who have just moved here and might be glad of the chance to pick something nice up at a fire-sale price. I'd rather you folks get first dibs anyway.

We've got furniture (an Ikea daybed with a first-class reversible mattress that has always been covered by memory foam, an iron cafe dining set with a slate top and matching chairs, a sleeper sofa and slate top tables, upholstered storage benches, etc.), lots of hardly-used kitchen electronics (Vita-Mix blender, soy milk maker, rice cooker, programmable crock-pot, etc.), a TV with DVD player, a Clavinova electronic piano (very sad for me to leave behind as it was my mother's gift before she died), LOTS of hurricane preparedness supplies (I'm prepared to shelter in place for over a month), tools, and so forth.

I will also need to sell the 2004 PT Cruiser I was hoping to keep till it died a natural death. It's not in perfect body shape but it was our only vehicle and it's a top runner, perfect for someone who just needs an unglamorous and utterly reliable car for school or work.

The more we can get rid of, the better. This includes about ten partial bottles of excellent single-malt Scotch and a half-dozen bottles of wine that we can't take with us and that won't get used before we go. You're welcome to share .

Last edited by Speedwell; Feb 23rd 2014 at 4:11 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

texasjan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Houstonians?

My daughter just started at Sam Houston and has a very empty apt, so can you give me details on the sofa please?
Old Feb 24th 2014, 2:01 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texasjan
My daughter just started at Sam Houston and has a very empty apt, so can you give me details on the sofa please?
Sent IM, Jan, thanks.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - what model of the Clavinova?

It would go to a good home.

Also, we'd be interested in the tools, depending on what you had. And the Vitamix. Did you like it better than any other type of blender?
Old Feb 26th 2014, 4:40 am
Mouthy Yank

Originally Posted by Bomjeito
Hi - what model of the Clavinova?

It would go to a good home.

Also, we'd be interested in the tools, depending on what you had. And the Vitamix. Did you like it better than any other type of blender?
CLP-840, and I was a classical piano major and (back in the day) a teacher, so this has been taken care of. I never used it for teaching, just for playing in my flat since you can hook up a pair of headphones and play "silently" so you don't bother people in other apartments.

The Vita-Mix really does do all the stuff they show in the demos. There are a couple competitors in its class, but the class is "professional strength" and I sent you a link to the most comparable model on the manufacturer website.

Anyway, check your PMs for more details and my contact info. Thanks much!