Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Ay Brits in Boston Area??

Ay Brits in Boston Area??

Old Feb 26th 2013, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ay Brits in Boston Area??

HI,
wondering if any of you are in the Boston area? Been here 16 years and the british friends I had have all moved back home or gone elsewhere. Miss having people that understand me when I start talking about Grange Hill of Blue peter would love to connect with other ex-pats in the area.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ay Brits in Boston Area??

Are you on facebook? Theres a good group on there for Boston Brits
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

yes i'm on Facebook I will check it out. thanks
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
yes i'm on Facebook I will check it out. thanks
Boston Brits, they meet up for a pub crawl on the first Thursday every month and have folks usually meet up for the six nations or any other event, plus there's the Cavaliers cricket club that'll start meeting up again sometime in March, as well as various footie groups.

Quite a few folk on BE are in Boston and the burbs...and if you're in the burbs, there's also a MetroWest group, hasn't had a meet in a while, but they were fairly active till Christmas and then there's a north and south shore group, but they mostly get together for footie.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Peter525839 will become famous soon enoughPeter525839 will become famous soon enough

I have been in the area for 30 yrs now, south of boston. Most of the Boston brits facebook group are in their 20s / 30s and events seem to be in Boston center, same age range with the cricket club. I'm more in the old fart range, think Mr Mildrew. Last year there was a huge crowd for the Euros especailly the Italian game.
The two meet up groups you mention Bob do not seem very active. Where is the south shore group??
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter525839
I have been in the area for 30 yrs now, south of boston. Most of the Boston brits facebook group are in their 20s / 30s and events seem to be in Boston center, same age range with the cricket club. I'm more in the old fart range, think Mr Mildrew. Last year there was a huge crowd for the Euros especailly the Italian game.
The two meet up groups you mention Bob do not seem very active. Where is the south shore group??
I've not checked recently, but the south shore group was a split in the footie group and there was one in Quincy, but not seen anything happen there in ages as the chap who organised it moved.

The metrowest group is a little more mixed in age, more family types, but it's mostly around Natick area for the previous dinner meet ups.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Louise_b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, still living in Essex uk shamefull haha, but hopefully moving to Kansas next year (bf) lives over there but his family home is in Boston! what is it like? im super excited!!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Louise_b
Hey, still living in Essex uk shamefull haha, but hopefully moving to Kansas next year (bf) lives over there but his family home is in Boston! what is it like? im super excited!!
Very different to Kansas

Welcome to BE
Old Mar 29th 2013, 6:56 pm
accidentally on purpose

SiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the rough

Moving to the 'burbs north of Boston on 8 April. Will be up for proper beer and rugby...
Old Mar 29th 2013, 8:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by SiKee
Moving to the 'burbs north of Boston on 8 April. Will be up for proper beer and rugby...
There seems to be a bunch of Brits in north Boston recently, they were planning a meet up in Salem next week and then there's the first Thursday of the month Boston meet up.

But there's quite a few Brits in the burbs up north too. So where abouts up there will you be?

Oh and welcome to BE
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:20 pm
accidentally on purpose

SiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the roughSiKee is a jewel in the rough

I'll look forward to meeting up at the next available, then.

I'll be in Tewksbury.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by SiKee
I'll look forward to meeting up at the next available, then.

I'll be in Tewksbury.

Thanks for the welcome!
Nice

So you're not far from Andover, Dracut and Salem, where a bunch are and there's a few in Newburyport. I'm about a half hour west, so don't get to many events, but there's also a Metrowest group, but it's not nearly as active.