Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Virginia???

Any Brits in Virginia???

Old Oct 28th 2010, 6:28 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice
Default Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

Originally Posted by jayewallace
Where in VA are you? I am just under an hour west of Washington DC in Berryville. It would be sooo nice to meet some other brits!
Oh wow, I'm in Berryville!

My husband is the English one though and he's stuck overseas with paperwork.

The Union Jack Pub is just over in Winchester, though, and the owner (Richie) is English. Oh, you can get stuff at The British Pantry in Aldie.

Originally Posted by I am Kaz
The British Meetup group has a meetup in Reston, Va on 7/23/10.
awww, that's our wedding day - month day and year!

Last edited by clemato; Oct 28th 2010 at 6:37 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

IrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really niceIrishRose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Foreign Redneck
I'm in Roanoke, give me a holler, y'all. LOL.
I'm not far from you. We have a farm in the mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great views and very peaceful. Nice area.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

chrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IrishRose
I'm not far from you. We have a farm in the mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great views and very peaceful. Nice area.
Driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway is great, we went to the Natural bridge recently. We live in Buckingham County (the heart of VA - in centre)

Does anyone know of any plans for a get together before Christmas anywhere in VA?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Macca17 is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Suffolk, Virginia. Have met some other Brits in passing but aren't im regular touch with any. It would be good to know if there are any social events for Brits in Hampton Roads
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard of any events for Brits in the Hampton Roads area but I'd be happy to attend one!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:15 am
Just Joined

oh - are you in Hampton Roads?

David
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Kathryn R is an unknown quantity at this point

David and Mandy - I live in Portsmouth! I'm not aware of any events around here either but I'm sure we could arrange something!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Kathryn R is an unknown quantity at this point

I also meant to say, does anyone know of any British pubs or stores south of Richmond? It's perhaps a business venture in the making...
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a plan! I'm in Hampton David.

The onlyy British store I know of is Best of British in downtown Hampton. Haven't felt the need to go yet, but I do sense a visit to see if they have "ordinary" white bread instead of the sweetened stuff in stores here.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys -sounds like a plan. Well I report on Hampton for the local newspaper so spend most of my time there, Mandy.

there is a British pub there; it's a bit faux, though - guys in skirts etc. confused menu.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:49 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Macca17
thanks guys -sounds like a plan. Well I report on Hampton for the local newspaper so spend most of my time there, Mandy.

there is a British pub there; it's a bit faux, though - guys in skirts etc. confused menu.

Confused Menu, Love that! lol
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh is that the British Pub at Coliseum? I've been past it but not in, I just said to my other half we should try it because he might get the fish, chips and mushy peas HE craves lol
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

I have tried the fish and chips there, not too authentic and way not greasy enough. I don't think they do mushy peas either
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

There is a British shop in Virginia Beach, they have well fired rolls, the owner is a Scot.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Virgini...eviewContainer
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bevinva
There is a British shop in Virginia Beach, they have well fired rolls, the owner is a Scot.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Virgini...eviewContainer
Hmmm ok but what the heck are well fired rolls???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.