Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Greenville SC area?

Any Brits in Greenville SC area?

Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

tomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant future
Default Any Brits in Greenville SC area?

I'm moving out to Simpsonville, sc in July with my wife (USC) and 2 children aged 2 and 4 months.
Is there anyone with a familiar accent that could show us around, tell me where to buy decent sausages and watch some proper football?
cheers
Tom
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:22 am
Just Joined

tomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant futuretomsaxx has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Brits in Greenville SC area?

not long till we move now. Anyone live near Greenville?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

freemee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Greenville SC area? - yes!

Hi, I'm not too far from Simpsonville, perhaps 15 miles actually. If you want to contact me by mail, please get back on [email protected]. I will be glad to tell you what I know about this area (not much after 10 yrs!). Many blessings. Please put EXPAT in subject line so I don't delete you.
S
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be about 50 miles away in Asheville, NC, in about 6 months! would be interested to hear how it goes for you there, and tips you may have!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not living in Greenville, though the wife's best friend is there and we are playing with the idea of moving that way when her latest contract is up. However, if you are looking for a good pub to frequent in the downtown area, try Velo Fellow.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:02 am
Just Joined

D.K.B.63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello tom

I have just joined the forum and that you are or have recently arrived in the Greenville SC area. I have been in the area for 21 years actually arrived in July as well. My wife is from here and I am originally from Maidenhead in Berkshire.

Best place to find sausages is Whole foods on Woodruff rd. they call them Irish bangers, also best place to get Lamb if you like it. Our local Publix has an English food section which has a few things like Branston pickel and hp sauce and a bunch of sweets not sure if all locations have this.

Best place for real football is on my own TV and Fox soccer Chanel hard to find around here unless a world cup is in progress then not very easy.

Any way welcome to the heat and humidity of SC or if you havent arrived yet be prepared for high heat indexes.

If you want to meet up with us we are game drop us an e-mail.