Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Alabama

Any Brits in Alabama

Old Nov 1st 2014, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

TraceynGreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Alabama

Hi everyone from Hoover. I'm Tracey. I'm happily married to my hubby Greg from Blackpool. We are newly weds as of October 2013. He came here on a K1 visa and now we're settled and living a somewhat normal life of balancing work and home life I'm currently trying to get things together for his Christmas such as snacks from home. This has been a task in itself. Anyone know of anywhere other than Publix or World Market that has any goodies? Also anyone know of any deli type places that make black pudding? So many requests but what better place to ask than here lol. Anyhoo hi! Everyone have a great day and stay warm
Old Nov 1st 2014, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

I use Pond Hoppers in Florida for almost all my snacks and goodies from home. They can ship Black pudding, bacon, sausages etc over night
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

sue138 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracey and welcome to Expats, it certainly is a good place for info and friends
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceynGreg
Hi everyone from Hoover. I'm Tracey. I'm happily married to my hubby Greg from Blackpool. We are newly weds as of October 2013. He came here on a K1 visa and now we're settled and living a somewhat normal life of balancing work and home life I'm currently trying to get things together for his Christmas such as snacks from home. This has been a task in itself. Anyone know of anywhere other than Publix or World Market that has any goodies? Also anyone know of any deli type places that make black pudding? So many requests but what better place to ask than here lol. Anyhoo hi! Everyone have a great day and stay warm
Black Pudding, now your talking and would love to find some
Old Nov 24th 2014, 12:35 am
Just Joined

robert91266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Brit from Birmingham living here in Mobile AL since August 212.. never met any other Brits here so giving this a try see who's out there
Old Jan 24th 2015, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Loghead is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening

My family and I moved to Chelsea Alabama, we originally were in Cornwall, UK. I would be interested in hearing were to get some English bacon from and black pudding would be great.

It's nice to see reply from a lot of Brit's in the area.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Simon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! I will be in Birmingham... come the Autumn all being well! I'll keep an eye out for you guys on here and for future meet-ups!
Old Feb 6th 2015, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Helen90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have been living near Montgomery, AL for 15 years, been in the US for 25 years.
Still miss home, would love to meet up with some fellow Brits.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon89
Hi all! I will be in Birmingham... come the Autumn all being well! I'll keep an eye out for you guys on here and for future meet-ups!
Hi, where you planning on settling in 'bama? I am in Alliance, 30 mins west of Birmingham.
Old Mar 7th 2015, 1:04 pm
WJS
Forum Regular

WJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, husband and I will be moving to Birmingham sometime soon and just ran across this forum and thread. It is so good to see other Brits in Alabama and even better to hear many are happy there!

I am from the Birmingham area originally but haven't lived there for many years after living in other US areas and then the London area for over 15 years with my husband who is from London. I was that sure he would be the only Brit in the whole of the Southern US. I am very Anglicized and husband being British it will be very good to know that there are other Brits there.

It has been such a long time since I have lived there I am sure it will be a complete culture shock. But having recent visits and missing my elderly father we both thought we would love to live there. We are always taken back by the excellent customer service and attitude as well as all the wonderful smiley faces.

Agree with what has been said about Mountain Brook feeling a bit more European but can buy so much more in the Hoover area. Will be arriving the end of April and spending most of the month of May having a good look around and really looking forward to it.
Old Mar 7th 2015, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJS
We are always taken back by the excellent customer service and attitude as well as all the wonderful smiley faces.
Ain't that the truth
Old Mar 8th 2015, 6:14 pm
WJS
Forum Regular

WJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amie06
Ain't that the truth
Hi Amie06, I had to look up where Alliance is, it must be very different to the UK!! I have been to Montgomery several times and went to Albany once many years ago. It must be quite rural where you are but as mentioned I'm sure the locals are very friendly.

How are you finding it?

Edit: Amie06, I have just read your first post and you said Alliance is 30 minutes west of Birmingham. Sorry, I must have looked up the wrong Alliance which is in south Alabama.

Last edited by WJS; Mar 8th 2015 at 6:57 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJS
Hi Amie06, I had to look up where Alliance is, it must be very different to the UK!! I have been to Montgomery several times and went to Albany once many years ago. It must be quite rural where you are but as mentioned I'm sure the locals are very friendly.

How are you finding it?

Edit: Amie06, I have just read your first post and you said Alliance is 30 minutes west of Birmingham. Sorry, I must have looked up the wrong Alliance which is in south Alabama.
VERY rural here, i love it though, very different to UK but i knew that b4 i made the move here, it's all yes sir/yes ma'm
Old Jun 20th 2015, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Simon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, and apologies for bumping the thread! Just wondered whether there was a thread on here dedicated to us Brits who have/are moving to Alabama? Or whether I can ask some questions on here regarding the peculiarities of Alabama when it comes to which banks are likely to allow you to open an account with them, driving license stuff etc.

(I think I posted in here a while back, but FYI I'm moving to Birmingham, AL and am in the K1 process at the moment. FINALLY had our NOA2 last week so hopefully onto my bit soon!)
Old Jun 20th 2015, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Simon89
Hi everyone, and apologies for bumping the thread! Just wondered whether there was a thread on here dedicated to us Brits who have/are moving to Alabama? Or whether I can ask some questions on here regarding the peculiarities of Alabama when it comes to which banks are likely to allow you to open an account with them, driving license stuff etc.

(I think I posted in here a while back, but FYI I'm moving to Birmingham, AL and am in the K1 process at the moment. FINALLY had our NOA2 last week so hopefully onto my bit soon!)
Ask away, will try to help with questions, i am in Alliance, 30 mins out of Birmingham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.