Garden nightmares?

Garden nightmares?

Closed Thread

Old May 4th 2016, 8:55 am
Just Joined

lindseyrdf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Garden nightmares?

Hi,

I'm working on a new documentary in the UK for ITV about issues in, relating to or affecting gardens, from natural threats such as pests, erosion and flooding to social disputes and crime.

I'm very interested to hear of any problems that British expats have encountered or that are ongoing in their overseas property after leaving the UK, whether language barriers led to a landscaping disaster or unfamiliar territory or wildlife has caused issues, or any other challenges currently being tackled.

Thanks!

Lindsey
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden nightmares?

Originally Posted by lindseyrdf View Post
Hi,

I'm working on a new documentary in the UK for ITV about issues in, relating to or affecting gardens, from natural threats such as pests, erosion and flooding to social disputes and crime.

I'm very interested to hear of any problems that British expats have encountered or that are ongoing in their overseas property after leaving the UK, whether language barriers led to a landscaping disaster or unfamiliar territory or wildlife has caused issues, or any other challenges currently being tackled.

Thanks!

Lindsey

The only garden nightmares we have here in the Algarve Lindsey are the ones caused by the so called ?Gardeners' and their wretched machines.It would appear to be the future .We have at least one day a week here when it's virtually impossible to enjoy sitting outside our property from 8.30 am to 4 pm for the noise of strimmers,leaf blowers ,hover lawn mowers,hedge trimmers, and tree surgeons lopping leaves off palms. Hedges and shrubs have to be 'shaped' into rounded or square 'forms'.These guys move from villa to villa in a circle around us. Unbearable... I at least can escape to the Golf club. I really feel for the tourists who have paid substantial sums for a peaceful holiday in the sun only to then get this.nightmare of modern gardening.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 12:37 am
BE Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden nightmares?

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
The only garden nightmares we have here in the Algarve Lindsey are the ones caused by the so called ?Gardeners' and their wretched machines.It would appear to be the future .We have at least one day a week here when it's virtually impossible to enjoy sitting outside our property from 8.30 am to 4 pm for the noise of strimmers,leaf blowers ,hover lawn mowers,hedge trimmers, and tree surgeons lopping leaves off palms. Hedges and shrubs have to be 'shaped' into rounded or square 'forms'.These guys move from villa to villa in a circle around us. Unbearable... I at least can escape to the Golf club. I really feel for the tourists who have paid substantial sums for a peaceful holiday in the sun only to then get this.nightmare of modern gardening.
As this is Media Requests GeniB, you could perhaps think to send a BE email to lindsayrdf about this problem.

She is actually requesting that people contact with the problems they have found.

Thanks