Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Women visa to saudi arabia (Jeddah)

Women visa to saudi arabia (Jeddah)

Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:34 am
Just Joined

dianecol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Women visa to saudi arabia (Jeddah)

Hi,
I've just had a job in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia starting next september. I'm willing to go with my 2 kids since my husband can't leave with me now because of his job. Do you think that I can get a visa or do I have to be with my husband. If it's the second answer, can I sponsor him so that he can go back and forth during the school year while keeping his present job.

Thanks for your help.

Diane
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women visa to saudi arabia (Jeddah)

Originally Posted by dianecol
Hi,
I've just had a job in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia starting next september. I'm willing to go with my 2 kids since my husband can't leave with me now because of his job. Do you think that I can get a visa or do I have to be with my husband. If it's the second answer, can I sponsor him so that he can go back and forth during the school year while keeping his present job.

Thanks for your help.

Diane
Just curious - why the nine-months-in-advance appointment?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

because I'll be working as an assistant professor in a university
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

saeed409 is on a distinguished road

Having just gone through the employment VISA process, moved from Manchester to Riyadh.

It going to easier to get your husband visa sorted out now and the Saudis will insist on it, as a lady has to accompanied by Husband/Brother/Father.

Once your here each exit/re-entry visa is valid for 3 months. So your husband can come and go.

I would check on facilities in Jeddah (staying by yourself - as my wife has found out coming to Saudi from UK is different and difficult)

Also Jeddah has suffered from rains etc..so double check where you will be staying and the facilties where you will be staying - driver/bus as you will not be allowed to drive in Saudi.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saeed409
Having just gone through the employment VISA process, moved from Manchester to Riyadh.

It going to easier to get your husband visa sorted out now and the Saudis will insist on it, as a lady has to accompanied by Husband/Brother/Father.

Once your here each exit/re-entry visa is valid for 3 months. So your husband can come and go.

I would check on facilities in Jeddah (staying by yourself - as my wife has found out coming to Saudi from UK is different and difficult)

Also Jeddah has suffered from rains etc..so double check where you will be staying and the facilties where you will be staying - driver/bus as you will not be allowed to drive in Saudi.

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much saeed. yes your answer does help a lot..
Jazakallah kheir
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure what dates you are going over to Saudi but if you are being employed by the university they will provide sponsorship for you and presumably your children. You will I think need a letter of no objection from your husband to say you can take the children out of UK and into Saudi with you. There are plenty of women in Saudi under their own sponsorship. Best to ask your employer about whether you can then sponsor your husband on a family visit visa.

Hope this helps

N