Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Old May 7th 2013, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

holly321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Hi, hoping someone can give us some information about jobs in Abu Dhabi for young British girls.

We currently live in the UK both hold part time jobs. We have accommodation available for us in Abu Dhabi as we have family living there.

My friend holds a full beauty qualification. Does anyone know if there is much demand for British workers, as the Filipinos would obviously work for much less.

I hold a business marketing college qualification. Hoping to get work as a receptionist or admin etc. Again is there much demand?

Hoping to look for a 6 month contract.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old May 8th 2013, 7:52 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by holly321
Hi, hoping someone can give us some information about jobs in Abu Dhabi for young British girls.

We currently live in the UK both hold part time jobs. We have accommodation available for us in Abu Dhabi as we have family living there.

My friend holds a full beauty qualification. Does anyone know if there is much demand for British workers, as the Filipinos would obviously work for much less.

I hold a business marketing college qualification. Hoping to get work as a receptionist or admin etc. Again is there much demand?

If you have somewhere to stay what do you have to lose?? I know a couple of young British girls, they both got jobs owing to the fact they were young and British............. Don't expect great salaries but with a ladies night most nights in Abu Dhabi you will have a good time..........
Old May 8th 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britexpat76
If you have somewhere to stay what do you have to lose?? I know a couple of young British girls, they both got jobs owing to the fact they were young and British............. Don't expect great salaries but with a ladies night most nights in Abu Dhabi you will have a good time..........
My wife has been trying to get work for the past 4 months but is really struggling.
Old May 8th 2013, 10:07 am
Just Joined

The reason why we want to go over to abudhabi is for a new experience and to save up to go travelling in south east asia and then onto Australia. So would hope to be on our way by December.

When you say don't expect great salaries. Roughly what do you think we would get paid monthly?

Thanks for the help!
Old May 8th 2013, 10:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You do know how hot it gets here in the summer? Up to 50 degrees with no respite at night.
Old May 8th 2013, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Yes I do know that having been to abu dhabi and Dubai several times
Old May 8th 2013, 11:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

^^^^^ What BE76 said, what have you got to lose?
Old May 8th 2013, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

steelclouds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kix
^^^^^ What BE76 said, what have you got to lose?
Old May 8th 2013, 1:44 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do know that having been to abu dhabi and Dubai several times
You wont find work in June/July or August owing to people travelling/Cant be bothered or Ramadan. Best to come in September when the weather will start to be a little better and people are actually doing some work. Most young girls I know have worked in real estate offices/admin jobs and earned 6000/7000 AED a month, which is miserable. Make sure you pay 0 for accommodation and drink on ladies night and you will manage fine though.
Old May 8th 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

The reason why we want to go over to abudhabi is for a new experience and to save up to go travelling in south east asia and then onto Australia. So would hope to be on our way by December.

When you say don't expect great salaries. Roughly what do you think we would get paid monthly?

Thanks for the help!
About 2000 AED per month
Old May 8th 2013, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

If you are party folk you can easily get jobs in clus doing hostie work. Live off salary, commission and tips.
Old May 8th 2013, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

I've been looking at what's available and it looks like the vast majority of office based jobs require a bachelors (regardless of how lowly the job seems to be). It's worth bearing in mind too that they have no apparent discrimination employment law(!) and freely confirm jobs are only for filipinos or only for emeratis or only for men/women etc and it seems fairly arbitrary.
Old May 8th 2013, 9:32 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by jam25mack
If you are fit you can easily get jobs in clus doing hostie work. Live off salary, commission and tips.
Sorted that out mate.
Old May 8th 2013, 9:33 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by abi31
I've been looking at what's available and it looks like the vast majority of office based jobs require a bachelors (regardless of how lowly the job seems to be). It's worth bearing in mind too that they have no apparent discrimination employment law(!) and freely confirm jobs are only for filipinos or only for emeratis or only for men/women etc and it seems fairly arbitrary.
Degree is bollocks. that's only for non whites. Harsh, but true
Old May 8th 2013, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Yeah ive been looking at a lot of admin jobs and they all say you need a bachelors degree. Seems a little steep for basic work.
My friends parents are asking around for jobs for us, but would obviously be better if we were out there ourselves looking for work. Bit of a tough one as it would be silly to leave our jobs in the UK if we cant find anything in Abu Dhabi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.