Thank You Letter

Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:14 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank You Letter

Originally Posted by Meow
With my names I gave up worrying about that long ago...
At least I hope they can pronounce yours, with mine I gave up on correct spelling and any attempt to say it correctly years ago.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
At least I hope they can pronounce yours, with mine I gave up on correct spelling and any attempt to say it correctly years ago.
Sometimes. My names are phonetic so shouldn't be hard for anyone with even half a brain. Your first name is just a bunch of Scrabble letters!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard one word back since, and that was almost a year ago. I did make about two calls to see what happened but never got an answer.

So what happened???
C'mon, put us out of our misery, I hang a nail biting cliff-hanger!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:39 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
C'mon, put us out of our misery, I hang a nail biting cliff-hanger!
I wish I could answer that, I was searching for a plausible explanation for their actions. Other than incompetence that is.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:44 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could answer that, I was searching for a plausible explanation for their actions. Other than incompetence that is.
I'm guessing that they read your book and figured it was an autobiography
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:48 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I'm guessing that they read your book and figured it was an autobiography
While I like the idea that the book is reaching a vast audience, I doubt this was the case. I interviewed under my real name, rather than nom de plume so to speak.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I can probably beat EastWest's story with a similar tale.

After some phone interviews with the company bosses, they flew me business class to the head office and put me up in a large suite in the Royal Meridian in Abu Dhabi.
Did a 5 hour interview with almost everyone employed by the company, and met the CEO after.
Was offered the job and negotiated the contract with the HR manager then and there. Including him phoning other Irish staff to convince me how good the company were.
Left the next day with a promise to receive the contract in two days.

Never heard one word back since, and that was almost a year ago. I did make about two calls to see what happened but never got an answer.

So what happened???

The took a backdoor reference on someone who didn't like you?
They moved someone internally?
They chose someone else externally?
They lost the project?
They're still waiting for you to start?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:07 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
They moved someone internally?
They chose someone else externally?
They lost the project?
They're still waiting for you to start?
No reference because I told them I had not resigned from my present company. Plus we had some (good)common connections.
Maybe.
Maybe.
It was head office not project based.
Maybe

Mostly I was curious why they would go to such lengths and then not even call or explain. If they ever called again I wouldn't waste my time with them, so why not explain and at least preserve the connection.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:15 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about THAT scene from the book?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

No reference because I told them I had not resigned from my present company. Plus we had some (good)common connections.
Maybe.
Maybe.
It was head office not project based.
Maybe

Mostly I was curious why they would go to such lengths and then not even call or explain. If they ever called again I wouldn't waste my time with them, so why not explain and at least preserve the connection.
Bizarre, lots of effort to just not follow up.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I can probably beat EastWest's story with a similar tale.

After some phone interviews with the company bosses, they flew me business class to the head office and put me up in a large suite in the Royal Meridian in Abu Dhabi.
Did a 5 hour interview with almost everyone employed by the company, and met the CEO after.
Was offered the job and negotiated the contract with the HR manager then and there. Including him phoning other Irish staff to convince me how good the company were.
Left the next day with a promise to receive the contract in two days.

So what happened???
Almost identical thing happened to me about 7 years ago. Was flown to a major international organisation based in the Netherlands, interviewed etc (mostly by Americans), discussed and agreed packages etc (amicably - I didn't really bargain at all) and then never heard another word other than a letter with a repayment of my expenses. I called a few times, each time got told by some minion that I would be informed within a week or 2, but never heard more, and stopped even chasing it up when I took a different job elsewhere. Quite bizarre.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by archie159
Almost identical thing happened to me about 7 years ago. Was flown to a major international organisation based in the Netherlands, interviewed etc (mostly by Americans), discussed and agreed packages etc (amicably - I didn't really bargain at all) and then never heard another word other than a letter with a repayment of my expenses. I called a few times, each time got told by some minion that I would be informed within a week or 2, but never heard more, and stopped even chasing it up when I took a different job elsewhere. Quite bizarre.
Shell?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Shell?
No, an international organisation, not a company (ie the likes of EU, UN, NATO, ICRC, World Bank etc etc). But one of the theoretically more organised and professional IOs...
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by archie159
No, an international organisation, not a company (ie the likes of EU, UN, NATO, ICRC, World Bank etc etc). But one of the theoretically more organised and professional IOs...
Oh sorry, I was just guessing anyway.

Was it the EU or UN or NATO or ICRC or the World Bank?

Wait. Was it Interpol? That would be cool as hell.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Oh sorry, I was just guessing anyway.

Was it the EU or UN or NATO or ICRC or the World Bank?

Wait. Was it Interpol? That would be cool as hell.
Must be CIA because they were Americans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.