Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Should i stay the company or move in this case...

Should i stay the company or move in this case...

Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:15 am
Banned

i-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nice
Default Should i stay the company or move in this case...

Hi,
I am working in a company in Oman and the company has maintenance contract. I am in the company now for a year and I feel that I have not gain enough experiences. Currently, there is no chance in Oman to get a better job. The current company is a good company and has good management but as I mentioned I face difficulties to improve my skills. I feel that I am wasting my time in the company and I do not know what to do to solve this problem. Should I stay in the company or move to another company?
Need your advices
Many thanks in advance
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should i stay the company or move in this case...

Originally Posted by i-like-tea
Hi,
I am working in a company in Oman and the company has maintenance contract. I am in the company now for a year and I feel that I have not gain enough experiences. Currently, there is no chance in Oman to get a better job. The current company is a good company and has good management but as I mentioned I face difficulties to improve my skills. I feel that I am wasting my time in the company and I do not know what to do to solve this problem. Should I stay in the company or move to another company?
Need your advices
Many thanks in advance
Have you asked this question of your direct superior? He may well have the best answer....
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:08 am
Banned

i-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nicei-like-tea is just really nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Have you asked this question of your direct superior? He may well have the best answer....
Thank you for your answer. I asked my manager and he told me this is our company sometimes we have a lot of work and sometimes not.
In my opinion this kind of problems, an employee should discuss outside the company and try to get answer from other people who have experience.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your answer. I asked my manager and he told me this is our company sometimes we have a lot of work and sometimes not.
In my opinion this kind of problems, an employee should discuss outside the company and try to get answer from other people who have experience.
Problem there is that we have no idea whether the workload at your company is going to increase in the short term. If it is, it may be worth holding on and making sure your supervisor knows you want a broader remit on the work. If it looks like there won't be an increase in the short term, is the same problem affecting others in your sector? There's no point jumping from one company because of a problem you find affects the new company as well...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:32 am
Banned

Problem there is that we have no idea whether the workload at your company is going to increase in the short term. If it is, it may be worth holding on and making sure your supervisor knows you want a broader remit on the work. If it looks like there won't be an increase in the short term, is the same problem affecting others in your sector? There's no point jumping from one company because of a problem you find affects the new company as well...
Yes we have discussed about workload if will increase in short term and they told us yes there will be work in the future but we do not know when.
Also my partners have same problem and everyone is looking for another job.
The second problem in the company is that, your position will be same forever because of less workload but this is not our subject.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:46 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Out of interest, just how much experience did you expect to receive in a year? What kind of additional benefits to your original job role or financial package did you expect this 1 year to have earned you?

Could it be that your short term goals were set too high? Everyone has to start somehwere and, sometime, things initially move slowly.

Also, if you have colleagues looking to jump ship, this may actually create an opportunity for you, if you were to stay..
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:08 am
Banned

Out of interest, just how much experience did you expect to receive in a year? What kind of additional benefits to your original job role or financial package did you expect this 1 year to have earned you?

Could it be that your short term goals were set too high? Everyone has to start somehwere and, sometime, things initially move slowly.

Also, if you have colleagues looking to jump ship, this may actually create an opportunity for you, if you were to stay..
The company provides free internet and we thank the company for this services. I am using internet to get experience and I believe that the internet is not enough it is a resource. So for a year, all my experience is from internet only and reading books in free time.
I have goals in my work life and I like to achieve as soon as possible.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

The company provides free internet and we thank the company for this services. I am using internet to get experience and I believe that the internet is not enough it is a resource. So for a year, all my experience is from internet only and reading books in free time.
So, while you are surfing the outerweb, what are you actually supposed to be doing in your job role?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like my kind of job...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MataHari
sounds like my kind of job...
Aye... wish I could do.... tha...

Hang on, I DO have that kinda job...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you a Saudi by any chance? You sound like so many of them I have encountered in my time here. Just curious.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are you a Saudi by any chance? You sound like so many of them I have encountered in my time here. Just curious.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. AT the Baron we'd have some local join as a office admin, within 4 weeks he'd be in my office asking why he hadn't been made a manager yet.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lionheart
No Saudi but Omani. I have some friends who were working in Saudi and when they saw me in the first time, they told me you seemed like Saudi men.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by benzonar
I was thinking exactly the same thing. AT the Baron we'd have some local join as a office admin, within 4 weeks he'd be in my office asking why he hadn't been made a manager yet.
No I realize who should be a manager. I am not looking for that point (manager).
I want to feel that every day or after sometime that I have learn something that I do not know before.
You point is a good point and some people their ambition is to be a manager but when they have been manager, they stated to cry from workload.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

No I realize who should be a manager. I am not looking for that point (manager).
I want to feel that every day or after sometime that I have learn something that I do not know before.
You point is a good point and some people their ambition is to be a manager but when they have been manager, they stated to cry from workload.
I feel you should be bringing this to the attention of your manager. You sound willing to learn and progress which is a great asset. I'd tell them that you enjoy working for the company and that you'd like to grow with them.

You've asked another question about carrying out duties not in your job title....surely doing this will help you learn other elements of the business?

Ask for a review or something with the manager and see if they can set targets. Tell them what you'd like more experience in and what you'd like to learn and i'm sure (if they're a half decent manager) they'll accommodate this as it will ultimately be beneficial to the business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.