Security work ?

Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security work ?

No one I know would say that

It was dear Mr Ken who informed the UK of the plan to assassinate Mugabe in the London hotel and who pulled the plug on the op at the last minute. What a better world the place would be if the op had gone ahead. And for those who don't know and think that blowing up a hotel in London is a bad thing then the attack was a briefcase bomb which was designed to detonate in the lobby as Uncle Bob walked past so casualties would be minimised

Many people had torn loyalities over the Nov 65 declaration but at least most of those who felt uneasy with it and who held civil service positions had the decency to leave the country (as well as protecting their UK pensions of course)
Flower remained and betrayed the people who had put him in service and whom he was there to protect.

The fact Mugabe kept him on after 80 speaks volumes

I don't think it is fair to compare the traitor flowers with the loyal Mr Hutchinson who served the Royal family of Bahrain for so long.

Of course one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist
Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Hutchinson ? I think you mean Henderson, "the Butcher of Bahrain"
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Apologies I did indeed mean the late Mr Henderson.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scot47
Butcher of Bahrain was only used by the disloyals.

He is revered by the loyal folk of the Kingdom
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Unless of course you mean Basra etc, and in that case, you still need to approach the big companies as an internal recruit, followed by onboarding/indoctrination, and then you get sent on a longer term assignment to shit holes even locals don't want to go to.

This is exactly correct. However an american will be very very lucky to get involved with an O&G company in Basra

When i was in Basra last year the americans had only been gone a few months and the attitude of the locals changed ten fold. Basra international was rumoured to be under rocket attack until the very last plane full of americans(Blackwater) left

The security team who looked after us (SABRE), which I'm sure you ex military types on here would know what that teams consisted of, wouldn't ever touch even the highest ranking american military guys to come and work for them

Unfortunately this had a knock on effect on the security management guys who worked completely independent of the private security guys and where contracted solely by the Oil company themselves.

Basically what I'm saying mate its all brits. Rupert ex special forces grey men. I may be wrong but i know this was the case for four major service companies that i knew of in Basra at the time
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

I get your point but again I think this is a bit apples and oranges. Like comparing an electrician with an electronics engineer, same physics but worlds apart. Personnel security of the dark glasses wearing gun totting kind as opposed to consultants designing and proving security for facilities such as banks and airports, you probably wouldn't use the same people. I'm thinking security engineer as opposed to security operative.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I get your point but again I think this is a bit apples and oranges. Like comparing an electrician with an electronics engineer, same physics but worlds apart. Personnel security of the dark glasses wearing gun totting kind as opposed to consultants designing and proving security for facilities such as banks and airports, you probably wouldn't use the same people. I'm thinking security engineer as opposed to security operative.
Martin

Im sorry maybe i worded my previous post wrong..
What i was referring to was what your indeed asking about. The guys im talking about have nothing to do whatsoever with the private security sector. They wont even have security in there title. They wont travel around in humvees and they wont carry firearms(they dont have permission too)
If i remember correctly the one on our camp was called a 'risk assesment manager' or something along those lines

They are employed direct to the company and some of them may have little or no military backgrounds. Previous work in hot spots will be a neccasity though. I know a case of a guy who was in the intelligence corps then became a reporter in the middle east before getting a job with a big O&G company doing this.

They will liason with the private security teams there only to get an assesment of the risks in the area. They will be the ones briefing the new employees to the location and the upper management associated to the companies.. More of a analyst than anything military

As mentioned previously though this job is mostly taking up by brits and perhaps south african

I might be wrong but even the american(O&G) companies that i know where in Iraq not one of them had an american as a ..............

Hope this helps
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, after I re-read my post I did think I could come off sounding a bit harsh, unintentionally, but you cleared it up anyway, cheers. Well I've passed on what I've heard here and I guess he'll do what he can and as he wants. I don't think anything related to work in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria or other such hot-spots is in his thinking, UAE, Qatar, Oman is about all he's interested in I think.