saudi aramco interview

Old May 29th 2014, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Welshpat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default saudi aramco interview

I've got an interview In London with Saudi Aramco next wednesday (3rd) and was wondering if anyone had any advice in what sort of questions I'll be asked. The position is for Supervising Operator.
Cheers
Old May 30th 2014, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: saudi aramco interview

http://forum.aramcoexpats.com/

This may help
Old May 30th 2014, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Have had read before. Cheers
Old Jun 1st 2014, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

curious123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice as an Aramcon in a different department would be to expect far more technical questions than you would expect normally in an interview.
They truly want to know if you can do the job and many questions will be related to your technical experience mentioned in your CV along with the usual interview questions.

Good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. Its taken ages to get an interview with SA. What chances do u think I have. A friend who has worked for them has said that I should get an offer unless I totally cock it up. What's it like in Saudi and how is aramco to work for
JT
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Saudi like any place is what you make of it. It's obviously not for everyone and I assume you have done your research about the place. SA sweetens the deal enough to make it very worthwhile with compounds that make for very comfortable living. Most A******* leave only on retirement or after a good 10-20 years of service which should tell you something.

Best
Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Chris73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi how did it all work out? Did you get an offer and what was the interview like?
Old Sep 20th 2014, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Aramco gives you golden handcuffs. Can you deal with that ? I have never seen so many messed up people as the ones that I met on Aramco Camp in Dhahran !
Old Sep 27th 2014, 10:50 am
Just Joined

scot47
Which makes me wonder whom you met? There are no handcuffs with Aramco except maybe for American employees when their 401k benefits vests at 5 years and some more benefits including lifelong medical insurance which kicks in after 10 years of service. You obviously have no clue regarding Aramco policies or benefits.
Aramco employees and their families face the most stringent background checks before recruitment. People are free to leave anytime but most CHOOSE not to. This company has the LOWEST attrition and staff turnover rate relative to any major company anywhere- that should tell you something.
The expat community here in Dhahran is amazing with some of the most caring and exceptional people that look out for each other that I have not seen elsewhere atleast not in my years in the GCC. There are thousands of A******* gathering in reunions across the globe decades after leaving service to relive the happy memories people have of their time here.
You want to see messed up people? You can see them anywhere on the planet including I am sure in your neighbourhood.
This is by and large a happy place as so many who have been here can attest-certainly an oasis in the desert.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:53 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Is the housing situation still dire for new incoming families?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Housing in Dhahran continue to be scarce but there are new employees arriving everyday.There are a number of new compounds that have been leased by SA, many new units being built to deal with the demand. Many new arrivals may not like the commute but there are no complaints regarding the housing.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The term "Golden Handcuffs" is widely used to mean giving benefits at such a level that an employee finds it difficult to leave. I was a regular visitor to ARAMCO "Camp" when I lived and worked next door at KFUPM in Dhahran.

It struck me that most A******* were living in a weird parallel universe a bit like the Canal Zone circa 1965. They did get oodles of money though. Mind you I think I was happier !
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

"Golden handcuffs are a system of financial incentives designed to keep an employee from leaving the company. These can include employee stock options that will not vest for several years, but are more often contractual obligations to give back lucrative bonuses or other compensation if the employee leaves for another company."

By this definition- Saudi Aramco offers no "golden handcuffs" for the vast majority of employees- just an attractive compensation package and benefits which people find difficult to leave.

Regarding the "parallel universe" comment, you could say that about any nice gated community anywhere on the planet and you are entitled to your opinion if you think you were happier.All I see here in Dhahran are happy families enjoying work-life balance and amazing opportunities for travel,huge number of leisure activities, personal and professional development that living here offers. I have been to KFUPM and met many unhappy employees who would jump at the chance to work here. On the other hand there are many elsewhere who would love to work at KFUPM. It's all relative.

Obviously living here or anywhere in the GCC for that matter has it's challenges and frustrations- I would be the last person to deny that but your posts smack of sour grapes rather than a a reasoned critique but that would be too much to expect given that would be based on only a few cursory visits to Saudi Aramco compounds.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Sour grapes" ? Or an attempt to inject some reality into a debate where some people still think life is as it was in KSA in the 50s and 60s ?

I enjoyed my time at KFUPM. Not everyone does.

The tone of the previous poster sounds like it is coming from the office of the VP, Human Resources Saudi Aramco !

Corporate sweet talk !