SABIC v/s Ernest Young

Old Dec 12th 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

yabilalz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SABIC v/s Ernest Young

Dear all,

I am single & 26 years old professional, having audit experience big4 recently moved to Saudi Arabia. There are few companies in contact with me including SABIC and Ernest & Young. But both the companies offering me Total 12000 SAR including all benefits. SABIC also offered 2 bonuses a year, and 2 kids complete school education

EY interested to recruit me as Senior Consultant in Advisory as far as SABIC in Finance department. I have worked in big4 so i have little idea about E&Y but don;t know about SABIC, how the enviornment

I want to take decision on the basis of growth, learning and future prospects. I would like to see myself cross 20K minimum within two years and see myself on a manager level.

Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Last edited by yabilalz; Dec 12th 2010 at 8:32 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: SABIC v/s Ernest Young

please mates reply, I need ur advice urgent
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

I'd suggest learning the actual name of "Ernest & Young" before pursuing any job with them...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen
I'd suggest learning the actual name of "Ernest & Young" before pursuing any job with them...
Sorry for not writing name properly, What is your suggestion?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough
Post Re: SABIC v/s Ernest Young

Alright, part of my advice is for you to be very attentive when you revise your contract`s items! I am pretty sure SABIC elaborately enlightens the chances for contract renewal! friend of mine (canadian) was offered 2 years non-renewed contract with SABIC when the contract terminated he went back home! so you will have to find out more about chances of stable job opportunity taking into account your post could be substituted by a Saudi gentleman very easily!

In virtue to my work relations I do have several contacts with both companies...Medical care under SABIC is absolutely great. In fact SABIC used to insure its workers under TAWUNIYA/NCCI plans but starting from last year the company set up its own medical care office operating all claims internally with extended scale of coverage for all its employees.

Whereas E&Y covers its employees under BUPA! with regular benefits.

I can`t judge which offer would be suitable for you nor any of the board members. It should be your own refined decision!

However, further to what I mentioned above chances of stable/perpetual work is more likely to be found in E&Y.. Me personally I can speculate getting involved with SABIC activities could be constant headache for you at the long run because of many factors I can`t disclose them to you.

Final opinion; veer into E&Y if the offer still on the table.

Good Luck

Last edited by NaimTakieddin; Dec 13th 2010 at 9:25 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NaimTakieddin
Alright, part of my advice is for you to be very attentive when you revise your contract`s items! I am pretty sure SABIC elaborately enlightens the chances for contract renewal! friend of mine (canadian) was offered 2 years non-renewed contract with SABIC when the contract terminated he went back home! so you will have to find out more about chances of stable job opportunity taking into account your post could be substituted by a Saudi gentleman very easily!

In virtue to my work relations I do have several contacts with both companies...Medical care under SABIC is absolutely great. In fact SABIC used to insure its workers under TAWUNIYA/NCCI plans but starting from last year the company set up its own medical care office operating all claims internally with extended scale of coverage for all its employees.

Whereas E&Y covers its employees under BUPA! with regular benefits.

I can`t judge which offer would be suitable for you nor any of the board members. It should be your own refined decision!

However, further to what I mentioned above chances of stable/perpetual work is more likely to be found in E&Y.. Me personally I can speculate getting involved with SABIC activities could be constant headache for you at the long run because of many factors I can`t disclose them to you.

Final opinion; veer into E&Y if the offer still on the table.

Good Luck
Thank you for your valueable suggestion, obviously i will keep in mind before taking decision. Thanks again
Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yabilalz
Thank you for your valueable suggestion, obviously i will keep in mind before taking decision. Thanks again
If E&Y are anything like the one here they will be a shambles - also expect to work hard, accept low pay and be treated like shit.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
If E&Y are anything like the one here they will be a shambles - also expect to work hard, accept low pay and be treated like shit.
Similar like here, E&Y has not very much repute. They revise contact according to their need. Let see...finger crossed
Old Dec 14th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
yo miffa watch your tongue little bit, mannerism is required when you talk publicly on the board ....