Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Remote working for childcare saudi

Remote working for childcare saudi

Old May 1st 2024, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Mtksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote working for childcare saudi

Hi, my wife works as an agile project lead/ project manager on digital products in the Uk and will be looking for roles in Saudi if we move. She often works in agencies in the UK who allow remote working from home 1-4 days a week. In anyone’s experience do digital or tech agencies in Saudi allow for remote working.

we were just thinking it would help tremendously with spending time with kids when we live in a compound or getting back for nursery pickup. Any thoughts much appreciated !
Old May 1st 2024, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remote working for childcare saudi

Originally Posted by Mtksa
Hi, my wife works as an agile project lead/ project manager on digital products in the Uk and will be looking for roles in Saudi if we move. She often works in agencies in the UK who allow remote working from home 1-4 days a week. In anyone’s experience do digital or tech agencies in Saudi allow for remote working.

we were just thinking it would help tremendously with spending time with kids when we live in a compound or getting back for nursery pickup. Any thoughts much appreciated !
The only remote working that happened in KSA was during the pandemic. After that there was a phased return to full-time office hours. Everyone I know here works on-site with the exception of some consultants who work on client sites/from their hotels in a hybrid pattern but that differs and depends on client requirements.

I don't know of any companies offering expats remote working in Kingdom, as what would be the point of hiring an expat in KSA to work remote?

Last edited by clownshow; May 1st 2024 at 2:29 pm.
Old May 1st 2024, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Also keep in mind, if your wife is on your iqama, then that greatly curtails what type of roles she can apply for. Under a change in the law last year, expat wives can apply for certain roles (a limited selection they cannot fill ordinarily) and will need the relevants quals and experience. Again, it's not very clear cut.

MHRSD’s move to employ expatriates’ companions under certain circumstances - Saudi Gazette
Old May 2nd 2024, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Pepper01 is an unknown quantity at this point

My recommendation would be to curate the leads and the contacts that your wife has in the UK, and see if any of them would be open to remote working, even part time while you are in Saudi. Post Covid there are plenty of websites and freelance agencies specializing in remote work, with the skills your wife has, this could be a potential opportunity.

Really depends on where you're going to be based in KSA, but the job market for spouses is a very tricky. Generally spouses are better off trying to work remotely than get a job locally. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but it should be seen