Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Relocation prospects to Dubai?

Relocation prospects to Dubai?

Old Oct 12th 2014, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Zandery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation prospects to Dubai?

Hello,

Basically I may need to relocate to Dubai in the event that my SO goes back for her family however I face a problem with the fact I lack a degree which I'm currently in process of studying and my experience is in the culinary/retail sectors which I stopped to go to university.

I'm going to presume my prospects look bleak if I were to go out there as while I can support myself I'd ideally like to get a job and work but without a lot of experience and currently in process of obtaining my degree I don't see it happening, unless I'm wrong on that front which I why I've come to ask you wonderful people as to whether there's a chance?

Will I have any luck or should I stick to the UK for now and gain experience in something/get my degree, although I'm a couple of years off on that front

Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation prospects to Dubai?

maybe i'm just tired but can you try that again in any way that makes some semblance of sense
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

That is one long sentence..
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:23 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

If I may make so bold I think this young person is saying that they started a degree in F&B but stopped. Now their SO(?) is leaving and they are considering coming to work in Dubai but have some concern that their lack of experience and qualification may disqualify them from many jobs in the sector within which they have some experience. Would it be better to stay in UK and become qualified or risk coming to Dubai and blagging it.

My tuppence worth is that in Dubai the lower levels of the F&B trade are stuffed with people from the Indian sub continent/Nepal/Philipines etc. etc. who will work for peanuts and share accomodation with 6 other people whilst smiling about it. Those in the managerial levels tend to be European trained and qualified to a high level.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shake2000
That is one long sentence..
I was more concerned about the grammar, no captilisation and no full stop, I mean WTF.......