British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/redundancy-support-group-meeting-sunday-22nd-march-597645/)

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 10:06 am

Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March

For those of you who are interested, Meow and I will be hosting an informal meeting about redundancy related issues next Sunday morning at the Lakes Club - 9.30 am onwards. Meow as you know is an Independent Financial Advisor and is available to help with debt consolidation etc. Mike Small is also attending, he is a local Economist and offered to come along to help people with queries about properties and their investments etc.

This meeting has been set up due to demand, I have been receiving a large amount of e mails from people asking for support and advice on financial related matters.

Meow Mar 15th 2009 10:11 am

Re: Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March

And for Brits returning to the UK, I can offer tax advice, as well as advice on what to do regarding existing investments etc.

-

Roadking Mar 15th 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7380940)
For those of you who are interested, Meow and I will be hosting an informal meeting about redundancy related issues next Sunday morning at the Lakes Club - 9.30 am onwards. Meow as you know is an Independent Financial Advisor and is available to help with debt consolidation etc. Mike Small is also attending, he is a local Economist and offered to come along to help people with queries about properties and their investments etc.

This meeting has been set up due to demand, I have been receiving a large amount of e mails from people asking for support and advice on financial related matters.

Why can't we have a workers support group meeting for me not to come too. We need support too, y'know! :(

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7381051)
Why can't we have a workers support group meeting for me not to come too. We need support too, y'know! :(

Quiz night?

Roadking Mar 15th 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7381077)
Quiz night?

Yeah, but I already don't go to that. I was looking for something new that I won't go to.

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7381103)
Yeah, but I already don't go to that. I was looking for something new that I won't go to.

Quiz night at Nelsons? you can not come to that if you want?

Roadking Mar 15th 2009 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7381165)
Quiz night at Nelsons? you can not come to that if you want?

OK, thanks, I'll do that.:thumbsup:

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7381171)
OK, thanks, I'll do that.:thumbsup:

great now sod off from my thread :thumbup:

Roadking Mar 15th 2009 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7381188)
great now sod off from my thread :thumbup:

Sodded off...;)

commander Mar 15th 2009 11:39 am

good luck.....

its really great what you do for the less fortunate...

out of curiosity....

MEOW, brings her financial acumen
MIKE brings his economic acumen, albeit tell people how ****ed they are to be on the dole at this time.

BC, are you the meet and greet, you know, like in Asda?;):rofl:

Roadking Mar 15th 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7381226)
good luck.....

out of curiosity....

MIKE brings his economic acumen, albeit tell people how ****ed they are to be on the dole at this time.

Well, BC helped me in post 6.

Ooops, sorry, I was supposed to have soddeded off.

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7381226)
good luck.....

out of curiosity....

I don't do anything really, just common denominator and my site is involved so I will turn up with my welcome pinny on :)

soukie Mar 15th 2009 11:49 am

This Redundancy Support Group Meeting is a good idea and I know many in Abu Dhabi who would benefit from something similar. ALOR are now saying that 80% of staff will be going although that bit hasn't made the press yet. I also know other people at other companies who are going too! Would it be possible to post the Q&A's from the meeting so that those who can't attend could benefit too?

Blue Cat Mar 15th 2009 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 7381258)
This Redundancy Support Group Meeting is a good idea and I know many in Abu Dhabi who would benefit from something similar. ALOR are now saying that 80% of staff will be going although that bit hasn't made the press yet. I also know other people at other companies who are going too! Would it be possible to post the Q&A's from the meeting so that those who can't attend could benefit too?

I shall take notes - maybe Norm could set up something similar in AD?

soukie Mar 15th 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks BC.