Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Railway Jobs in Saudi Arabia

Railway Jobs in Saudi Arabia

Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:01 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Salary expectation for testing and commissioning engineer (rolling stock) in KSA

Originally Posted by Tahir84
What would be a sensible offer in your opinion please?
I'm not sure exactly, but over £100k for a test and commissioning engineer with "light" experience seems a lot. I'm not familiar with the rail industry, but am familiar with engineering in general, and that figure seems way high. I would have thought that the salary would be similar to that of a similar engineer in engineering / construction, which I'd ballpark at £60k, but you need to do the research -- it's your industry.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Salary expectation for testing and commissioning engineer (rolling stock) in KSA

And the best technique is to evade the question, and get them to make an offer--which you can then, hopefully, negotiate upwards.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Tahir

On a forum like this, using capital letters is construed as SHOUTING and is not polite.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got so much to learn.

Apologies!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary expectation for testing and commissioning engineer (rolling stock) in KSA

Originally Posted by Tahir84
Ive got so much to learn.

Apologies!
It is normal netequitte. Also making peremptory demands such as RESPONSE REQUIRED will put peoples backs up. Well maybe only mine 'cause I'm a grumpy old git who has been off work sick for two weeks GGggggrrrrrhhhhh!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary expectation for testing and commissioning engineer (rolling stock) in KSA

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm not sure exactly, but over £100k for a test and commissioning engineer with "light" experience seems a lot. I'm not familiar with the rail industry, but am familiar with engineering in general, and that figure seems way high. I would have thought that the salary would be similar to that of a similar engineer in engineering / construction, which I'd ballpark at £60k, but you need to do the research -- it's your industry.
in KSA?

45k-60k is a good salary in Derby, it isn't in KSA.

As for light experience, this is the GCC and in particular KSA - since when did experience matter.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:41 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Millhouse
in KSA?

45k-60k is a good salary in Derby, it isn't in KSA.

As for light experience, this is the GCC and in particular KSA - since when did experience matter.
Not wishing to disparage the OP, but I'd guess that a test and commissioning engineer probably isn't that high up the scale (if I'm wrong, I apologise humbly in advance). If that's true, then a savvy employer (German, as stated) is likely to take into consideration a) experience, and b) the difference between the OP's current take-home salary and what he could earn in UK. £45k gross gives £33k net (ignoring pension deductions atl), £60k in Saudi gives £60k. Most employers would emphasise the fact that £60k in Saudi gives nearly double the OP's current take-home salary.

I know European employers who use that logic. And worse.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised that these positions are not being filled from India.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Like i said above, the application is at screening stage. Who knows whether it gets past that or not. Offcourse if i was the employer, i would hire someone from South Asia for such a role. the reason for me putting in is just to get out there even if i earn same or less that £45-50K as it will be tax free.
Plus i will be getting international experience. Is there anything to stop me from applying for a better job i.e. or get promoted to say test and commisioning manager or are you stuck with the job that you take before you leave the UK. Surely expats who have been out in the ME for years have progressed on to bigger and better positions etc. Correct me if iam wrong.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I kind of want to believe in that so much. It sounds true, a term 'wasta' comes to mind!
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

sheb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Railway Jobs in Saudi Arabia

Hi, anyone got an idea about Train Drivers jobs in KSA (Saudi Arabia)? I am professional train driver in UK with 7 years of experience. I wanted to relocate to Saudi Arabia as a Train Driver, any idea? Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What is the breakdown of nationalities of those working for Saudi Railways ? I suspect that there has been Saudi-isation of the labour force. My only experience was as a passenger on the Dammam-Riyadh route. I was very impressed.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Popebanku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, need some advice from the voices of wisdom here������. I'm a train driver here in the uk and thinking of signing up for a train driver vacancy in the UAE (don't know specific location although its rumoured to be in Dubai or Abu Dhabi) and would like to know the average salary of a freight and/or passenger train driver.
Any advice is most welcome.
Ps: is it true that they earn between $140k-160k?
Old Nov 13th 2015, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

If it's UAE it will be based in Marfa, middle of nowhere on the coast between Abu Dhabi city and the Saudi border. DB Schenker should be able to give you pay info. No driving jobs in Dubai at the mo other than trams or OTP for the metro, and money for them jobs not good by Western standards. Good luck.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Popebanku is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Standanista
If it's UAE it will be based in Marfa, middle of nowhere on the coast between Abu Dhabi city and the Saudi border. DB Schenker should be able to give you pay info. No driving jobs in Dubai at the mo other than trams or OTP for the metro, and money for them jobs not good by Western standard . Good luck.
Thanks for that. I checked their website but no info on pay. Will probably email to enquire about it. Any clue as to what freight drivers earn in UAE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.