Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Qatar Foundation, second interview

Qatar Foundation, second interview

Old May 19th 2012, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

karabrittan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Foundation, second interview

My husband recently had an interview with the Qatar Foundation in Doha and they have invited him over for a second interview, does anyone have any experience working with this company or working in Qatar itself, i'd be interested to know what the work ethic is like over there compared to the UK and whether it is a complete culture shock, how easy/hard is it to settle over there etc. If he got offered the job we would love to move over with him, however it is a big decision as we have two young girls (aged, 4 and 7 months) to take with us. Any info or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Old May 20th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar Foundation, second interview

Originally Posted by karabrittan
My husband recently had an interview with the Qatar Foundation in Doha and they have invited him over for a second interview, does anyone have any experience working with this company or working in Qatar itself, i'd be interested to know what the work ethic is like over there compared to the UK and whether it is a complete culture shock, how easy/hard is it to settle over there etc. If he got offered the job we would love to move over with him, however it is a big decision as we have two young girls (aged, 4 and 7 months) to take with us. Any info or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Qatar Foundation are a decent employer and packages and benefits are pretty good .

Use the search function on the site and look through the Qatar threads , there's a lot of info on exactly what you're looking for .
Old May 20th 2012, 6:43 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs P18PPS here - husband is currently going through interview/offer process with another government organisation - we'll definitely be part of the deal and we come with: 14 yr, 7 yr , 4 yr and 9 month old.... having done our research it is defiantly a place that is geared towards the guy "plus family" rather than solo men.

expat woman website also is a valuable source of info for mums and children info.
Old May 20th 2012, 5:19 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Thanks
I work with them, not for them, but they seem like a good company, they're very rich and always pay their $200,000 bills (from us) on time.

The people I know there seem to be very happy.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving to Doha and my biggest problem is schools. There are no places available and have been asked if I want to put my childs name down for 2013! It could end up as a deal breaker.

Massive expansion on the jobs front but nobody seems bothered to try and ensure the educational infrastructure is there and able to cope.
Old May 21st 2012, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
I am moving to Doha and my biggest problem is schools. There are no places available and have been asked if I want to put my childs name down for 2013! It could end up as a deal breaker.

Massive expansion on the jobs front but nobody seems bothered to try and ensure the educational infrastructure is there and able to cope.
Welcome to The Gulf !
Old May 21st 2012, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Welcome to The Gulf !
Thank you, but I have been here a while
Old May 21st 2012, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Then you'll be well aware to always expect the unexpected
Old May 21st 2012, 7:21 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

what ages are your children, we've been doing research remotely at the moment and have made many phone calls to different schools - there are spaces out there ....
Old May 21st 2012, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P18PPS
what ages are your children, we've been doing research remotely at the moment and have made many phone calls to different schools - there are spaces out there ....
She would be looking to go into year 9 in a British curriculum school. If you have any names I would be delighted if could share.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:59 am

Compass indicated they had space as did Sherbourne - of course this was in principle and subject to entrance tests, references etc etc etc....
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 7:34 am
Just Joined

runningscared is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Which part of QF is he joining? That will make a fair amount of difference.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

we have two young girls (aged, 4 and 7 months) to take with us.
That is weird. You got two girls with 3 months age difference!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EastWest
That is weird. You got two girls with 3 months age difference!
Even the weird is biologically possible these days
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hello fellow people from Cheshire. Hope the interview went well. Some of Doha is like Coleshaw farm and some is like Brasingamans in Alderley Edge. None of it is like Prestbury.
Choose where you live and who you socialize with well and you will be happy.

Which bit of Cheshire are you from ?

Please note some of the rabble on here come from nasty places like Yorkshire and the North East so be prepared to give them abuse and let them know that you come from the superior county of England.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.