Psychometric testing

Old May 12th 2012, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

ayk1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psychometric testing

Hello all -

I have applied for a position for a company in Abu Dhabi. I have to complete an assessment exam within the next few weeks. Can anyone who has taken this exam in the past provide me with some information regarding preparation etc.? I was told that it is a behavioral/situational type of exam, rather than numerical...

I have also spent a plethora of time searching online for sample exams and preparation tips, but haven't come across anything that I have found to be particularly useful.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old May 13th 2012, 3:32 am
Just Joined

poshaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really niceposhaccent is just really nice
Default Re: Psychometric testing

If I have one recommendation bring a calculator. I showed up at one of these tests and I had previously been told the same thing - only behavioural. Well the test was in 3 parts; 2 behavioural/situational series of questions; 1 reading comprehension with you reading an except with a lot of figures in it (mainly statistics) for which one would have needed a calculator in order to be able to answer. On the cover sheet of the test a calculator was listed as part of the what I should have brought! Well too late now, isn't it? The 'proctors" has absolutely no clues about nothing. We could ask clarification questions but all I got was blank stares with meaninless responses. It IS Abu Dhabi after all.

I do not know what type of jobs you are applying for but tests are given to determine mainly if you are a risk taker or not (write the test as fast as possible - they are timed after all - answer all questions and make a lot of mistakes or take your time, do not have time to finish the test and make less mistakes). It is about your personal management style. I would recommend that you read on these psychometric tests online before you go to understand the intent behind these tests.

Good luck!
Old May 13th 2012, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poshaccent
It is about your personal management style. I would recommend that you read on these psychometric tests online before you go to understand the intent behind these tests.

Good luck!
Good advice here - I have done gazillions of this type of stuff and there is lots of examples & advice online. IMO there is no right or wrong answer and you shouldn't try and answer what you think they want to see - be honest as in the long run if you're not suited to a particular job / role it will catch up with you eventually and ususally end in tears....or worse !

my advice...be quick, be honest, don't try and fool anybody...
Old May 17th 2012, 12:33 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Good advice here - I have done gazillions of this type of stuff and there is lots of examples & advice online. IMO there is no right or wrong answer and you shouldn't try and answer what you think they want to see - be honest as in the long run if you're not suited to a particular job / role it will catch up with you eventually and ususally end in tears....or worse !

my advice...be quick, be honest, don't try and fool anybody...
Not sure how these tests work, I did one in UK before coming to Dubai and the results about me were spot on.................I didn't get the job