Potential move to AD

Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

UKSmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Potential move to AD

Hi guys

Been reading through this form with great interest as I am currently going through the application process and interview stage for a job in AD for a Bank.

I am an IT Network Engineer, with 8+ years of experience and am in the process of interviewing for a job which has on offer the following

24k salary inclusive of accommodation/travel/base.

I have been informed by the recruitment agent that in AD thats how salaries work, they are one lump sum per month made up of three parts, base/travel/accommodation.

Question is, will 24K be a suitable salary for a couple in AD? We have no kids and will probably need a car and would still like to save some money on the side...

In London I am currently on a 65k gross salary and paying over £1000 in rent.

Would also be interested to hear from any one from the UK who is working in the same field as me in AD/Dubia!

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:13 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential move to AD

24k wont cut it for a couple mate
and whatever costs you are looking at for living in the UAE, rent, groceries, electricity etc, wait till the 1st of August and I am sure everything will go up...how much I am not sure but fuel prices will almost be doubled so inflation is DEFINITELY coming!
prices going up and salaries / business not increasing...bleak future!
you are good where you are mate, trust me
if you were single then maybe it would have been fun for you but without any savings
by the way in AD you have to pay upfront rent for the whole year so thats money out of your pocket which you havent earned yet, and if you decide to foxtrot oscar out of there within that year then you dont get anything back, just fyi
Old Jul 26th 2015, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I agree - 24k is not enough for a couple coming from the UK, and you'd be worse off here than back home. As for that statement "that's how salaries work"... well, a gross generalisation if ever I heard one. Some companies do it that way, lots do it other ways.
I'd only come across here for that money if I was confident my wife could earn that much again, or more.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

UKSmurf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. So how much would you say is required here? We don't drink if that makes a difference.