Moving from Canada

Old Mar 5th 2024, 9:34 am
Just Joined

summoned is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Canada

Looking for some advice here for my boyfriend who is considering moving to Dubai from Canada in June. He has a a background in Finance - more specifically in debt and equity funding, impact investments, portfolio management, corporate banking, and FP&A. He holds a bachelors in Engineering, a masters in Mathematics from NYU and an MBA from Oxford in the UK. He has worked in several big cities such as London, Mumbai, New York and more recently in Toronto. Would like to understand how the job market is for candidates like him and maybe what package he could expect considering he does not have prior UAE experience but a wealth of experience in some of the worlds biggest banks/companies globally, degrees from prestigious institutions, and also a Canadian passport. TIA!
Old Mar 5th 2024, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Canada

Originally Posted by summoned
Looking for some advice here for my boyfriend who is considering moving to Dubai from Canada in June. He has a a background in Finance - more specifically in debt and equity funding, impact investments, portfolio management, corporate banking, and FP&A. He holds a bachelors in Engineering, a masters in Mathematics from NYU and an MBA from Oxford in the UK. He has worked in several big cities such as London, Mumbai, New York and more recently in Toronto. Would like to understand how the job market is for candidates like him and maybe what package he could expect considering he does not have prior UAE experience but a wealth of experience in some of the worlds biggest banks/companies globally, degrees from prestigious institutions, and also a Canadian passport. TIA!
Impossible to say what sort of package he’d be offered. Best for him to explore any openings in this field and then he may get a better idea.

Old Mar 5th 2024, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

UKexpat2021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of private equity shops have equity fund raising teams in the ME but they require experience of raising money from ME investors. Most of our guys in region speak arabic and earn a killing on new capital raised. I don’t see a strong market for credible PE firms with other roles outside of Equity fund raising/BD.
Old Mar 6th 2024, 7:09 am
Just Joined

summoned is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes sense, thank you. What about FP&A? I keep hearing the market is quite saturated in general. Would you say this is true and its hard to land a good job in finance given his credentials as well?