Moving to Abu Dhabi!!

Old Sep 17th 2014, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Zinggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi!!

Hey guys and gals!

I have just been offered a job in Abu Dhabi from what I can uderstand its a good offer but some advice would be great!

So the gross salary is 366672.00
Housing Allowance is 110004.00

Relocation allowance is 15000

30 day paid holiday and one holiday flight ticket.
I take it its not a bad offer?

I am a single guy with no ties or anything but I do have a lot of friends that would obviously like to visit and stay with me and some are Female would that be a problem with them coming to stay with me?

Any help wpuld be great and hope to see some of you out in the land of sand!
Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi!!

Originally Posted by Zinggy

So the gross salary is 366672.00
Housing Allowance is 110004.00
If your salary is 366k on top of which you get a housing allowance of 110k, you'll be extremely comfortable. If your package is 366k and included in that is a nominal allowance of 110k for accommodation, you'll still be comfortable.

As stated in a very recent post on a similar topic (yesterday, I think), cohabiting is fine so long as you're discreet: just don't make an arse of yourself.

Enjoy.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

What's the job? What's the sector, grade etc? What are your qualifications and experience?

Hard to say if this is a good offer without knowing what you'll be doing, for whom...
Old Sep 18th 2014, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Well its in the Aviation industry as a Workshop Tech....

As for qualifications and experience I did the job for 10 years in the Forces but all my qualifications are military I have no degrees or A levels just some GCSE's which are not exactly great.... But they know all this as they have copys of everything before the offer was made..

Money wise the offer states

Basic Salary 146664.00

Supplementry Allowance 220008.00

Housing Allowance 110004.00

Other Allowances 110004.00

Which to me reads that the 110k is on top of the 366k? Or am I being stupid??
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

In which case it is better than you stated. Add up all 4 bits (basic, suppl, housing, other). The total is 586,680 (or just under GBP100k). I'd say that is a good offer for an worshop tech type job (but there'll be better qualified people than I am to confirm). Is this for AMMROC? GAL?

Just be aware that your final gratuity will be based upon a multiple of the basic salary only - they cut that to the minimum to reduce what they need to pay you at the end.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Its for GAL just waiting on a move date now im glad I took the offer now!!
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

OK, if its GAL stand-by for long delays before you get the move date. Don't give up anything in UK until you have passed security clearance and got a firm deployment. I've known people wait 6-9 months before they actually deployed - it all depends upon how urgently the end client needs you. GAL, as I'm sure you know, just provide you as manpower to the actual employer. I've lost count of the number of people who've received an offer, assumed they would be flying within a few weeks, and have then waited months and months. Occasionally it is faster, but usually it isn't. Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info....

I started this whole thing 5 months ago and have had all the checks completed now including all my police checks so hopefully all the time consuming parts are done.