British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Looking for Real Estate Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/looking-real-estate-jobs-647702/)

williams76 Jan 6th 2010 11:13 am

Looking for Real Estate Jobs

I am based in the UK, but wanting to move to the ME, I am looking for a well paid job, pref Real Estate as that is my specalist subject but open to any other ideas/offers.

I would be looking for a secure job with good financial package.

I look forward to any replies you all may have.

Yours

Howard Williams

Foxes Jan 6th 2010 11:25 am

Re: Looking for Real Estate Jobs

Originally Posted by williams76 (Post 8222746)
I am based in the UK, but wanting to move to the ME, I am looking for a well paid job, pref Real Estate as that is my specalist subject but open to any other ideas/offers.

Yours

Howard Williams

suggest you look at positions in Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi as as first preference taking into your requirements. good luck.

admon Jan 8th 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by williams76 (Post 8222746)

Yours

Howard Williams

Seeing as this seems to be a letter to Santa, could I put mine in:

I'd like a 150ft yacht and a mansion on the french riviera please.

sunnydaze Jan 8th 2010 9:49 pm

How rude Admon - give the guy a break - he only asked a question. Oh of course he is not privy to your great knowledge - you being one of the old dinosaurs hanging around the ME. Anyway in answer to the poster you would probably be better seeking out other pastures for real estate. Victoria, Australia is booming have a look there - Forget the Middle East for the forseeable - good luck

commander Jan 9th 2010 5:22 am

Originally Posted by sunnydaze (Post 8230215)
How rude Admon - give the guy a break - he only asked a question. Oh of course he is not privy to your great knowledge - you being one of the old dinosaurs hanging around the ME. Anyway in answer to the poster you would probably be better seeking out other pastures for real estate. Victoria, Australia is booming have a look there - Forget the Middle East for the forseeable - good luck

to be fair, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to have an incline that the Real Estate sector in Dubai is on its arse..

admon Jan 9th 2010 7:14 am

Originally Posted by sunnydaze (Post 8230215)

Well if you wish to say 'how rude', may I interject with 'how stupid'.

Anyone that has the reading age of more than a 3 year old, could have a quick look through the media/tinternet (including this board) etc and come to the conclusion that Dubai for real estate jobs is akin to Zimbabwe for low inflation.

The poster that comes on, says hi, can you please get me a good job please, without no obvious research.
Are they really seriously contemplating moving 3000 miles away? Well that is just setting themself up for any response.

Me, a dinosaur? I don't think so 'love'.

As for you 'Sunshine'? Well your just a pompous *****.

In fact, hang on a minute, I've hit the nail on the head. There is indeed lots of potential in the Zimbabwe real estate market and lots of keen sellers. Get over there my dear boy.

williams76 Jan 9th 2010 10:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I must agree my ignorance maybe a bit dull, but thats us welsh guys for you lol.

Thanks for all the advice and Ill look at Australia etc and see where we go.

Thanks all

Howard

Foxes Jan 9th 2010 10:38 am

Originally Posted by williams76 (Post 8231605)
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I must agree my ignorance maybe a bit dull, but thats us welsh guys for you lol.

Thanks for all the advice and Ill look at Australia etc and see where we go.

Thanks all

Howard

Your original post indicated an interest in the Middle East - I think some of the users of this forum need to brush up on their geography as Dubai is not the end all and be all of the Middle East.

There is ample opportunity of work in the Middle East esp in the Real Estate sector - just not presently in Dubai !

good luck to wherever you go !