Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for a job... (mainly Abu Dhabi)

Looking for a job... (mainly Abu Dhabi)

Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a job... (mainly Abu Dhabi)

Afternoon,

I'm looking to make some friends in Abu Dhabi, so please message me/ reply if you want to chat.

A bit of background.

I'm a single 28 yo guy in the UK who is looking for a job in (and thus a relocation to) Abu Dhabi. I have spent the last couple of months looking for roles but there are barely any which are suitable. I am however currently interviewing for a few different roles in IT Service Management.

I was wondering if anyone fancied chatting and giving me the general low-down on the Abu Dhabi area, how it catered for my age group and some understanding of the cost of living. So, in no particular order here are some questions (Oh, and I appreciate that sarcastic "off-topic" comments are to be expected ):

Does the area cater for late 20's/ early 30's from a sports, arts and social life perspective? (I am into my sport - gym/ football, like theatre/ films and enjoy going out with friends).
What would be the one thing you wish you had known/ asked before you had come out to ME either from an employment or lifestyle persective?
How much does a 2 bedroom central apartment cost per month/ year?
What is the best thing about moving to the ME/ Abu Dhabi?

Last thing - if anyone is involved in IT Service Management, Service Operations etc then I would appreciate picking your brains in a tad more detail. Please feel free to message me directly.

Thanks,
Simon
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for a job... (mainly Abu Dhabi)

Originally Posted by SimonReeves
:
The sex, it's awesome. Seriously.

Oh, and the theatre,,or the opera. It blows my mind.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Bzhbublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, and welcome on the job market of UAE which is really tough and competitive at this time.
Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

sid79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SimonReeves
Afternoon,

I'm looking to make some friends in Abu Dhabi, so please message me/ reply if you want to chat.

A bit of background.

I'm a single 28 yo guy in the UK who is looking for a job in (and thus a relocation to) Abu Dhabi. I have spent the last couple of months looking for roles but there are barely any which are suitable. I am however currently interviewing for a few different roles in IT Service Management.

I was wondering if anyone fancied chatting and giving me the general low-down on the Abu Dhabi area, how it catered for my age group and some understanding of the cost of living. So, in no particular order here are some questions (Oh, and I appreciate that sarcastic "off-topic" comments are to be expected ):

Does the area cater for late 20's/ early 30's from a sports, arts and social life perspective? (I am into my sport - gym/ football, like theatre/ films and enjoy going out with friends).
What would be the one thing you wish you had known/ asked before you had come out to ME either from an employment or lifestyle persective?
How much does a 2 bedroom central apartment cost per month/ year?

Last thing - if anyone is involved in IT Service Management, Service Operations etc then I would appreciate picking your brains in a tad more detail. Please feel free to message me directly.

Thanks,
Simon
Hi Reeves,

I was wondering that how you got on with the job search in ABU DHABI.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:17 am
Just Joined

sid79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sid79
Hi Reeves,

I was wondering that how you got on with the job search in ABU DHABI.
in fact any pointer for middle east would be highly appreciable !