Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

KSA or Doha? 2 jobs offers..

KSA or Doha? 2 jobs offers..

Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of
Default KSA or Doha? 2 jobs offers..

Hi folks

I have 2 job offers in KSA and Doha. As I have little information about both, I seek your advice as I have to decide as soon as possible.

1- KSA offer
In a governmental academic institution (more job security)
Basic Salary SAR 20500 per month
Accommodation allowance SAR 25000 per year (I know I need to pay 10k more)
Furnature allowance (one off) of SAR 12500
Schools up to SAR 25000 per year (I know also this is too little)
Annual return flights for me, wife and 2 kids
Free access to a hospital belongs to the institution
Annual leave 60 days
1 month salary for each year of service
==================================
2- Doha offer (Technical Manager)
In engineering company
3 months probationary period
Basic monthly salary of QAR 22000
Accommodation allowance of QAR 12000 per month
Schools up to QAR 60000 per year
Transportation allowance of QAR 2000 per month
Telephone provided by the company
Global health insurance QAR 12000 per year
Annual leave of 30 days
End of service entitlement (not specified)
============================
Note that the KSA is not negotiable but there might be a room for negotiating Doha offer

Any advice is appreciated as I need to reply as soon as possible.

Last edited by EastWest; Sep 10th 2012 at 10:45 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: KSA or Doha? 2 jobs offers..

Originally Posted by EastWest
Hi folks

I have 2 job offers in KSA and Doha. As I have little information about both, I seek your advice as I have to decide as soon as possible.

1- KSA offer
In a governmental academic institution (more job security)
Furnature allowance (one off) of SAR 12500
Schools up to SAR 25000 per year (I know also this is too little)
Free access to a hospital belongs to the institution
Annual leave 60 days
1 month salary for each year of service
In engineering company
Annual leave of 30 days
Note that the KSA is not negotiable but there might be a room for negotiating Doha offer

Which job do you prefer?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Which job do you prefer?
The one that is better off money-wise and enables good life style for my family and kids.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The one that is better off money-wise and enables good life style for my family and kids.
So if McDonalds paid more then you'd work flipping burgers instead?

If lifestyle is more important then surely Qatar?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

So if McDonalds paid more then you'd work flipping burgers instead?

If lifestyle is more important then surely Qatar?
I don't want to divert the discussion into that direction, but McDonald will not enables me a good life style. If they pay me more at McDonalds I have no problems being a manager there.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:39 am
Account Closed

I don't want to divert the discussion into that direction, but McDonald will not enables me a good life style. If they pay me more at McDonalds I have no problems being a manager there.
OK. So Qatar will surely allow your family more freedom, a better lifestyle and a more enjoyable environment to be in?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really need to ask? KSA v Qatar is a no brainer in my view.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mentalist
Do you really need to ask? KSA v Qatar is a no brainer in my view.
OK guys, I fully understand the restrictions on many life aspects in KSA. I guess my question will be on the Qatari offer. Is it OK, and which areas in the offer need to be negotiated?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Hi folks

1- KSA offer

this doesn't add up - the allowance or the additional 10k. I would question the employer over this.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Hi folks

In engineering company
Annual leave of 30 days

Is that 60k per year per child or total figure that you'll get spread over 12 months as part of your package?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, have you been to either of these places or are you going to make your decision on the basis of advice from total strangers?

Anyway, as I always like to back the underdog, I vote KSA.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Is that 60k per year per child or total figure that you'll get spread over 12 months as part of your package?
Its the total over 12 months.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Out of interest, have you been to either of these places or are you going to make your decision on the basis of advice from total strangers?

Anyway, as I always like to back the underdog, I vote KSA.
I have never been to Qatar, and briefly been to KSA for a short visit many years back.

Could you explain more why you vote to KSA?
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Could you explain more why you vote to KSA?
60 days holiday and a short working day.

I'm prepared to over look the highly restrictive lifestyle, lower salary and working in a soul destroying government organisation for that.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather work as a Rabbi in Qatar than step foot in KSA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.