Job opportunity - Kuwait

Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

sakss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job opportunity - Kuwait

HI Guys
Im new to this forum.

I just wanted to get some information regarding Kuwait. Im in the process of going for the final stage of interview with a company for grade 10 recruitment position. Im a British National and would be hired from the UK. From experience what kind of salaries and benefits should I ask for or expect?

More over what is the cost of living like in terms of accommodation, car and other living expenses? What kind of salary is good enough to survive for 3 people?

I have live in UAE for 6 years , how does the cost of living compare to the UAE?

I would highly appreciate some guidance

Regards
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Job opportunity - Kuwait

Sorry for posting it in the wrong section. Thanks mods
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the role - "company for grade 10 recruitment position" doesnt mean anything

From ancedotal evidence there was a 20+% hardship premium - however that is being eroded and almost disappeared now
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:08 am
Just Joined

It is for Alshaya - Lead recruiter role.

They are not offering medical for my wife or family, no accommodation allowance and a return ticket after 2 years of service and also no relocation allowance. Re. Salary they haven't got back to me yet. Will 1200-1300 KD be a decent salary?

If i have to get medical insurance for my wife from my expenses how much would that cost?

Is it easy to sponsor my parents too?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:09 am
Just Joined

It is for Alshaya - Lead recruiter role.

They are not offering medical for my wife or family, no accommodation allowance and a return ticket after 2 years of service and also no relocation allowance. Re. Salary they haven't got back to me yet. Will 1200-1300 KD be a decent salary?

If i have to get medical insurance for my wife from my expenses how much would that cost?

Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sakss
At a guess, impossible.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sakss
Surely your joking !!

No idea on medical - probably northwards of $1500
Accommodation - KD500+ per month for a furnished apartment
Food - KD200 per month
Car - KD200+ per month
Other expenses - KD100+ per month

Leaving you a grand total of KD200 to save
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Surely your joking !!

No idea on medical - probably northwards of $1500
Accommodation - KD500+ per month for a furnished apartment
Food - KD200 per month
Car - KD200+ per month
Other expenses - KD100+ per month

Leaving you a grand total of KD200 to save
Thanks for the reply.

Well thats not good enough to be honest.

So a 2 bed furnished apartment inclusive of all bills and internet would be around 500? I did some research to find a few good furnished ones for 350 - 400 KD?

Medical insurance and tickets (annually) are a norm in UAE. They are not even willing to negotiate the benefits.

How does a spouse visa work ? or Even i need to sponsor my Mother (British) and sponsor or get Visit visa for dad ( Pakistani). This is relatively simple and easy in UAE

I also have some options in Dubai as in house recruitment opportunities and a few with agencies. What do you suggest would be the better option.?

PS . I have lived/worked in Dubai before.

Sorry for the long questions and appreciate your help
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

"Well thats not good enough to be honest..."

The rest of the questions are academic - no point in thinking about sponsorship of parents (very difficult unless you know a local and want to pay approx 600 KD for a visa or so)

"I also have some options in Dubai as in house recruitment opportunities and a few with agencies.."

Personally i go where the money is - i have no affections for any company/country/industry/politics/etc..