Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job Offer email from Qatar - Scam??

Job Offer email from Qatar - Scam??

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer email from Qatar - Scam??

Did u take any further action ?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

lledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nicelledlledlled is just really nice

Originally Posted by scot47
Did u take any further action ?
The last thing I did was email them a list of questions to find out more about the specifics of the role. They didn't respond.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Email them your bank account number and sort code and see if they respond
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Britchick42 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby was offered a fake job in Qatar with Mersk I believe a guy called Omar having lived in the Middle East for 5 years it was very convincing. Phone interview etc they contract they sent was spot on , until he needed to send some money in advance of something lame. The guy sounded Arabic , but my husband just felt something not right. It was advertised on monster jobs. He reported it and it was removed. Sadly there were a lot of folks fooled by it he was able to google the firm and names on the contract email addresses etc and they all came back as a scam on a sizeable scale. Needless to say Mersk had never heard of this guy or any of his pseudonym s . Perhaps you could puts names and job offers in google it may come back with something.