help with offer help?

Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

eggy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with offer help?

Hi,

A bit short notice but i need to let my employer know today ... I am single so would this be enough to get by on my own?

What they have offered me is:

Basic 19,000 AED /monthly
accommodation 140,000 AED ( this will be provided by company)
Furniture allowance of 10,000 AED
medical insurance - subsidised
32 days leave
end of service benefit
Car loan with no interests for 80,000 AED

does this look ok?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with offer help?

Originally Posted by eggy888
Hi,

A bit short notice but i need to let my employer know today ... I am single so would this be enough to get by on my own?

32 days leave
end of service benefit

does this look ok?
Depends. If you are a 50 year old neurosurgeon this offer is shit - if you are a 25 year old designer it's great.

You could save c. 12-13 AED/ month if you go easy on the hookers.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Depends. If you are a 50 year old neurosurgeon this offer is shit - if you are a 25 year old designer it's great.

You could save c. 12-13 AED/ month if you go easy on the hookers.
cheers Millhouse for the quick reply ,
I'm in my late twenties, not quite ready for the geriatric ward.

I looked at other offers other users have on this forum and it includes transport allowance, utilities, should I even consider bringing that up with them or ask for a higher basic instead?

I'm not a very good negotiator so don't want them tell me to get lost!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do and where is the offer for?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 8:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

32 days leave
end of service benefit

does this look ok?
looks fine to me
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
What do you do and where is the offer for?

IT - database programmer, I will be based in Abu Dhabi, i was there last week for an interview week before was a telephone interview, now i am in the process of getting all my documents notarised and i guess i will be there in a few weeks.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Points to note. If you will be in an Abu Dhabi visa by law your employer must provide you with medical insurance, at their expense. End of service gratuity is also a legal requirement.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

AD is far more expensive than Dubai for accommodation, nevertheless a 140k bachelor pad will be fine. Presently power and water are relatively cheap, but they could be dramatically hiked any day--I suggest that you ensure that your employer is required to pick up the tab.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:39 am
Just Joined

AD is far more expensive than Dubai for accommodation, nevertheless a 140k bachelor pad will be fine. Presently power and water are relatively cheap, but they could be dramatically hiked any day--I suggest that you ensure that your employer is required to pick up the tab.
thank you all that have replied back to me, i really appreciate your responses. Points have been noted and I will put them across shortly and hopefully come to a reasonable offer.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:49 am
Hit 16's

When you're negotiating your salary, never EVER state a figure--because you know it will only move one way from there. If you're face-to-face, when it comes to salary: a) state their offer out loud, and then wait in silence for up to 30 seconds (which seems like an eternity), b) say something along the lines of "that seems modest for my skills, ability and experience and the responsibility of the job", c) wait till they up it, then go back to a) with perhaps a reduced silent period and adding "that still seems modest...". The key is not to reject anything. You'll know you've hit their max when the guy opposite you makes some gesture like falling back in his chair or placing his hands on the table in the manner of "that's as far as I can go". Unless, of course, you're sitting across the table from someone who also knows this game... But it works most times.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

When you're negotiating your salary, never EVER state a figure--because you know it will only move one way from there. If you're face-to-face, when it comes to salary: a) state their offer out loud, and then wait in silence for up to 30 seconds (which seems like an eternity), b) say something along the lines of "that seems modest for my skills, ability and experience and the responsibility of the job", c) wait till they up it, then go back to a) with perhaps a reduced silent period and adding "that still seems modest...". The key is not to reject anything. You'll know you've hit their max when the guy opposite you makes some gesture like falling back in his chair or placing his hands on the table in the manner of "that's as far as I can go". Unless, of course, you're sitting across the table from someone who also knows this game... But it works most times.
On the first point, why not state a figure (say) 30% above your own salary expectation and see what happens?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm told that a similar strategy works in the Trap Bar
Old Apr 17th 2011, 1:40 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm told that a similar strategy works in the Trap Bar
To get in or get out?
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

neil_95051 is an unknown quantity at this point

IT - database programmer, I will be based in Abu Dhabi, i was there last week for an interview week before was a telephone interview, now i am in the process of getting all my documents notarised and i guess i will be there in a few weeks.

Hi
I have send you a private message.
Can you please check and reply?

Neil
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

sid79 is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you find the this job, if you dont mind asking me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.