Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Getting a job in Middle East

Getting a job in Middle East

Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Getting a job in Middle East

Hello everyone,

I am a new user here and I was enjoying reading the threads on this forum. I am not British, I am a Canadian. I was wondering what is the best way to get an offer in say Abu Dhabi or Dubai from Canada? I am currently waiting for the winter Olympics here in Vancouver too wrap up as I am one of the Systems Architects and also a technical operations manager for one of the important venues. I am thinking of going to the gulf region but I really don't know how to apply or find a good package. I have about 15 years of experience in technology mostly IT and complex networks.

I appreciate any info I can get.

Thanks,
Mark.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Getting a job in Middle East

hmmm looks like no one is interested to answer a Canadian ..
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's only been a day and it's the weekend over there, give 'em a chance...but checking out the wiki and past threads would be a good start.

Welcome to BE though
Old Feb 5th 2010, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bob, I will read that.

Cheers mate
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

How is the job market in the gulf now ?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:58 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMark
How is the job market in the gulf now ?
'bout the same as it was 2 weeks ago.

Know that doesn't help but I hate to see you being ignored again.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMark
Hello everyone,

I am a new user here and I was enjoying reading the threads on this forum. I am not British, I am a Canadian. I was wondering what is the best way to get an offer in say Abu Dhabi or Dubai from Canada? I am currently waiting for the winter Olympics here in Vancouver too wrap up as I am one of the Systems Architects and also a technical operations manager for one of the important venues. I am thinking of going to the gulf region but I really don't know how to apply or find a good package. I have about 15 years of experience in technology mostly IT and complex networks.

I appreciate any info I can get.

Thanks,
Mark.
I've not looked in a few months, but a lot of the work now seems to be KSA, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman (at least for my company). Still some jobs in UAE, but nowhere near as many as there used to be.

Try googling Indigo Dubai, they may be able to help.

Good luck!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I've not looked in a few months, but a lot of the work now seems to be KSA, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman (at least for my company). Still some jobs in UAE, but nowhere near as many as there used to be.

Try googling Indigo Dubai, they may be able to help.

Good luck!
Thank you!! I will google this.

Cheers